The Firearms Forum banner

Help Identifying a Parker Warranted

9K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  chadmcq 
#1 ·
Anyone have some information on this Parker Warranted. There are no identifying marks on the barrel or stock. It was found on my Great Grandfather's farm approximately 100 years ago in upstate NY. It has an octogon barrel. Thanks for any information you could provide.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
That general type of gun dates from around 1850, but some parts, like the hammer, trigger and trigger guard look more modern so someone may have tried to repair or "restore" that gun in relatively recent years. The rear sight is obviously from a modern rifle. As to the type of lock when it was made, I think the lock is probably original and not converted from a flintlock, if that is what you meant.

Besides the amateurish attempts at "repair/restoration, the gun is in poor condition. Value would be a couple of hundred dollars at best.

Jim

#8 ·
The trigger guard looks a lot like a narrow Ohio style and the rear sight could be old enough to belong on a percussion gun. Gemmer was using an elevation adjustable sight after he took over from Sam Hawken. That's not a Gemmer sight but could be a variation of it. It just doesn't have a totally modern look to me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.