Help identifying antique rifle

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by cuddiea, Jun 22, 2009.

1. cuddiea

cuddiea New Member

A friend of mine has a rifle that we have trying to figure out what it is, he
    was told that it is a 25/35 zipper but am unsure. There are some numbers on
    barrel, 9.3x72 Normal and 21669. It is a single shot, breach break. It has a
    24" octagon Barrel with double triggers. On the Left side of the gun it has a
    Fox engraved in the metal and on the right it has a pheasant engraved.
    Looking at some different guns, it looks like a JP Sauer & Sohn rifle.
    The bluing on the gun is in fair shape I would say the wood is also in fair shape.
    I am including some pictures, I can send more or better pics if needed.
    I am wanting to know what the gun is and what it might be worth. Thanks
    in advance.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 22, 2009
  2. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

It's a JP Sauer & Sohn mfg and the Cal is 9.3x72 R.
    Probably made in the 1930's

Ammo is available but expensive about $70 a box
  3. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

Why are you calling it an antique rifle? How does your friend have a very nice German rifle he knows nothing about , odd???
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2009
  4. cuddiea

cuddiea New Member

it was given to his dad and in turn given to him, he just figured by its looks that it was an antique, sounded weird to me that neither one had know idea what it was, he said his dad fired it before but knows nothing about it, odd to me too.