The Firearms Forum banner

Help identifying Geco rifle and relative scarcity

3K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  J.. 
#1 ·
I've come into a Geco rifle that appears to me to be the 1919 model. There is no marking on the gun with the model, although the usual Geco Carabiner marking is present. Caliber is marked in English and in metric. A couple things that jump out that are making this hard for me to pin down are the heavier-than-usual barrel, claw mounts, and adjustable double set triggers. Additionally, the rear open sight doesnt look like any of the ones I've seen on other 1919 models. The stock appears original, with pencil mark on the inside matching the guns serial, and the Geco-stamped buttplate seems a perfect fit so I think the stock is original...esp. since it would have to be inletted to accommodate the longer trigger guard. In looking around the internet I've only found one other rifle like this with set triggets but it featured express sights instead of the usual rear sight. My questions are:
is this a model 1919 and if not can anyone tell me what model it might be?
What is the frequency at which these triggers or mounts are encountered?
What might a fair value for this be were I to sell it?
Where might I find the scope mounts to go with these bases?

I've some pictures of the rifle and am attaching them in hopes someone more informed than I can answer my questions. Thank you for your help!

Gun Rifle Firearm Trigger Air gun
Gun Rifle Trigger Firearm Air gun
Gun Rifle Trigger Firearm Shotgun
Gun Rifle Wood Shotgun Trigger
Gun Rifle Shotgun Trigger Air gun
Shotgun Metal

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.