The Firearms Forum banner

Help identifying old black powder revolver

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Max Donovan 
#1 ·
Hi there

A friend recently acquired this piece but he has no idea about origin / make / value etc ...

Any help would be greatly appreciated .

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Crown over GFC is Julius Posselt and is famous for his later early use of Bakelite in early P38 handles (grips)

from the official marks book

The 1W is the manufactures code according to the State Material Supervising and Testing Bureau in Dahlem (MD) and stands for Julius Posselt. It is also listed in the 1940 issue Heft 3 from the Staatliches Materialprüüfungsamt in Berlin. This 1940 issue listed the following materials in their production. Presstoff Type S and Presstoff Type 2. His other code (Pre War) was GFC under a crown (Gablonz an der Neisse, now Jablonec nad Nisou, Czech republic)
he never made black powder weapons though early cartridges and even pinfires listed ( no pic's sorry) but all cartridge guns

#8 ·
tnagaway , sorry no i have a few books on markings from europe but thats pretty much ALL they talk about euro guns is a speciality beyond my knowledge , i get one or two occasionally but thats it

wish i could help more

could be BP cartridge but dont have enough info to say

again marks and proofs are all registered many makes and models of gun are not

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.