help in finding what this astra firecat is worth plz

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by ut0h, Sep 13, 2006.

1. ut0h

ut0h New Member

my father thinks this was new in either 1953 or 54...

on the barrel it has :

astra- unceta [ an odd j lookin symbol ] cia. S.A. -guernica

cal. 6.35.25" .made in spain

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

thank you
  2. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

It is hard to tell by the pic is it chrome or blue
  3. ut0h

ut0h New Member

hmm.... i dont know the difference ?
  4. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

Is the metal on the gun bright and shiny like chrome or is it a dark black/blue color?
  5. azsigman

azsigman New Member

Astra 200 ( Firecat ) Made 1920 to 1966

According to 2006 Standard Catalog of Firearms, Exc : $300; V.G.: $200; Good: $125; Fair : $100 ; Poor: $75
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2006
  6. ut0h

ut0h New Member

its a dark blackish lookin metal .. no chrome

it probably hasnt been fired over one days worth ever.
  7. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

GOSH I wish BobinStL was here still...he ABSOLUTELY knows more about AND owns more Spanish Iron than ANYBODY I know...and he'd probably be making you an offer....

Plus, anybody that owns 250 or so Eibars HAS to be a little "touched" in the head, so he was FUN to talk to ALSO....

His dreams about Julie Andrews dressed in nothing but a pair of low slung .32 Eibars were entertaining to say the least...

All I know from him is that ALL of those handguns, Stars, Astras, Uncetas, Jo-Alars, Eibars, etc, etc, etc, were all made in the historical Eibar area of the Basque area in the Mountains of Northwest Spain, just over the border from France, usually by family operations in a house or a garage or a barn, and an uncle in one gun-making family would get po'ed at the son of the gunmaker and go home and start making the SAME gun under a different name, so it can be confusing in similar names, or styles.

Astra and Star were the biggest ones with actual factories, and many of them were built for European powers in both World Wars under contract, and many of them with foreign markings, especially military acceptance stamps and the like are worth a LOT more, as are any made during or before the Spanish Civil War in the mid to late 1930s that MAY have seen action in it....

And while I'm sure you know it, 6.35mm is .25acp....7.65 is .32acp...
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2006
  8. ut0h

ut0h New Member

o cool......thanks for the history on this.... i cant remember if my father paid 25 or 29 dollars for it, he took my mother target practicing the day they bought it and she couldnt squeeze the trigger and that back part on the handle enough to actualy fire at will ... and it hasnt been fired since...

thanks for helping you all
  9. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

That "back part of the handle" is actually the grip safety, and they can be pretty stiff...