Help indentifying handgun

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by NSEng, Nov 25, 2008.

1. NSEng

NSEng New Member

I recently purchased a number of WW II items for my collection and found this gun buried in the bottom of one of the boxes, was wondering if anyone might know what it is?

Attached Files:

2. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Looks like a little folding trigger rimfire, probably a .22 or .32 and European. 1870/90s. Looks like the loading gate broke off. There were many made in Belgium and they went all over the world. Though that bird beak stock looks very American, my money is on Belgium. They sold for around $1.00.

I think the ejector rod should be pushed home inside the arbour (cylinder pin).
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2008
  3. Gabob

Gabob Well-Known Member

I have one that is almost identical. A serviceman brought it home from Belgium. Mine is centerfire and about .30 caliber. Years ago I made a cartridge from a .32S&W brass and fired it once with a very light charge of Bullseye powder. The barrel and frame on mine are all one piece of metal. Yours appears to be open above the cylinder where mine has a topstrap.
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2008
  4. NSEng

NSEng New Member

Maybe a serviceman brought mine home from Europe, who knows? Thanks for the help...Mystery solved:D