help! Marlin model 80 dl

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by super1992man, Jul 16, 2012.

1. super1992man

super1992man New Member

I inherited a Marlin model 80 Dl and it doesn't have a bolt. So I found 2 for sale but there different and he said I need to measure the rear bottom receiver, but Idk what that is, please I need help figuring this out
  2. GunHugger

GunHugger Well-Known Member

There are two bolt styles for the 80 series Marlins.

But as far as I know only one receiver style so measuring the receiver wouldn't tell you anything.

If your 80 does not have a trigger block safety (the little button that slides back and forth) located on the right side of the reciever,you'll need a first model style bolt that had a safety/decocker incorporated into the cocking knob.The rifle cocked when the bolt handle was raised just like later models but the knob had to be pulled back a little and turned clockwise to put the thing on safety,it had no trigger block safety.

Click here to see both bolt styles; The old style (first style) on top, new style (2nd style) on the bottom.
    http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Products.aspx?catid=4085
  3. GunHugger

GunHugger Well-Known Member

Why do people ask for help and don't return to get what they asked for? Not just my replies, it happens to many others here that try to help people when they ask. This is just one example.

Just so you understand...I didn't know the answer off the top of my head, I only knew there are two different bolts for these guns. I spent a 1/2 hour of my time researching my answer so it would be correct and helpful. It gets a bit frustrating when you try to help someone out and they don't even read it. I don't think I'll waste anymore time doing so for new members with only a few posts.