1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Help me choose.

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Velocity, Jan 5, 2004.

1. kaj611

kaj611 New Member

Velocity you need to look at what fits your hand. I have many different kinds of hand guns but some I truley do not like becuase they do not fit my hand right. When this happens it feels uncomfortable and so you will most likley lose some accuracy. The gun that I have found that works the best for me are the glock model 22 and 27 which are both .40. I carry the 22 for a living and know I can always depend on it. All the guys who say glocks are bad choices have probably never shot a glock and are scared to becuase they know they would probably change their view. But in the end it is what feels right to you not what someone else feels is the best gun. Because if you talk to 10 different people each one is going to have the best gun in the world.
  2. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

kaj611 is "Dead On" on that one! I try to get a lot of advice and opinions on different guns...but it always comes down to how it feels in my hand and how it actually performs. The one's that fit well stay. The one's that don't go home with someone who wants 'em more than me...;)
  3. stash247

stash247 New Member

What feels good? I have small hands, and I like the skinny gun. With the skinny grips, of course. Your hands may/will differ.
    For me, the 1911 frame is a learned thing, over the course of 35/40 years; being too old to re-learn motor skills, I stay with it.
    If you have friends with different pattern guns, by all means shoot them, at length, before making a buying decision, and consider the worth of buying, with return priveledges, from a shop, rather than from an individual.
    Seems stupid to pay more, I know, but if it doesn't fit, what recourse have you, except with a dealer???
    More to the point, choose carefully as to caliber. What looks good now, may not, in two weeks.