Help me decide...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by polishshooter, Jul 6, 2007.

1. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

Well, today's the last day of my vacation....:cool:

All the work I planned to do around the house this week pretty much bit the big one, except for trimming the trees and mowing....:p I DID get to help my son move, which I thought was OVER once he graduated from college, I'm getting too OLD for carrying all that crap up to the THIRD floor...:cool:

My wife is going to Indy after work tonight to go shopping with my daughter for a dress for a wedding we have to go to next week, and to help my son clean his old apartment tomorrow.....

SO today I have a dilemma...

Catfishing or Reloading?:p

HHHHmmmmm.....

I haven't gone fishing YET this year, too much golf I guess, so I have to go buy my license, but it might be fun getting new line on the reels and sorting through the tacklebox......and I have some frozen chicky livers left over from last year so I'm about set....

But then, I can go to the RANGE tomorrow, and I could load up my first x54 rounds today for the custom M44s to see if I CAN get them down from 1 1/2 and 2 MOA to 1 and 1 1/2 MOA respectively....but then I need to go track down some Federal 210 primers somewhere in town too....:confused:

Oh well, at least I know what I'm having for dinner, VENISON and fresh ZUCHINI from the garden!:D :D :D

What should I do today?

FISH......or

RELOAD for tomorrow????

Decisions, Decisions.....
  2. Rommelvon

Rommelvon New Member

tough choice, how about half and half?
  3. polishshooter

Well. I'm on my way to pick up my license, some new hooks and some slip sinkers, and maybe a couple dozen crawlers....

And THEN am going to pick up the primers...so the options are still open...:)

Maybe I CAN do both...
  4. WarSteed

WarSteed New Member

The fisherman in me says RELOADING!!!...err i mean FISHING!
  5. LurpyGeek

LurpyGeek Active Member

Hey, my wife and I are moving into a Condo soon and guess where it is? The THIRD floor! You could come help due to your experience in that field...
  6. polishshooter

Gone Fishin'!:D :D :D :p
  7. bunnyhunter12

bunnyhunter12 New Member

Good choice sir. Maybe not the best one but........................... :D
  8. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

Is your press portable enough to mount on your boat or set up a reloading bench on the bank ;)
  9. polishshooter

Well, i'm back, didn't get skunked, but don't have anything to CLEAN either...so I guess I CAN reload toinight...:p

Caught one keeper Channel, about 15", but absolutely NO girth...last year ones this length went about 3 lbs, this one looked more like a small walleye, long and thin, almost NO white on the belly. Lucky if he hit 2#.... He HIT like a walleye too, REALLY light, didn't fight until close to the bank, then a nice battle...I had him on the stringer but let him go to put some meat on for me to catch later....;)

Caught one nice largemouth too, about 3 lbs, on a nightcrawler on the bottom no less, but right when I got him out of the water and decided to let him go he flipped and the line at the hook broke...(I guess DO need new line:eek:)

No loss, I caught a bigger one last year, and they kinda have the same "no taste" of Mrs. Paul's sticks....:cool: I'll let the Bass Master guys have fun with him...

Had another one about the same size come out of the water to hit the crawler but missed right when I pulled it out of the water to recast earlier, kind of exiting and surprising at the same time...maybe it was the same one!

Had a bunch more hits on the livers and the nightcrawlers, but nothing hard enough to set...

But oh well, I love "Lazy ol' Boy's" bank fishing, relaxing as heck watching the poles in the holders, watching the cranes, the BIG carp spawning, and the occasional snake or muskrat glide past in the water...and the smell of DEET in the air....;):)
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2007
  10. Havoc

Havoc New Member

DANGIT!!! I forgot to plant venison this year! :mad:
  11. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

[​IMG]
  12. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member