1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Help me move please?

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Crpdeth, Jan 31, 2004.

1. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

I thought my fellow reloaders would injoy this.
    A good friend of mine asked me to help him move to a new house here awhile back, as payment he tossed a couple bags of high brass and a 12 guage press into the back of my truck, which was more than enough in my opinion...Then he comes out with this wooden box full of once fired .45 brass, with lots of WCC Match...I think the .45s will last me a long time.

Hope these pics arn't huge

Attached Files:

2. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

He he he

Attached Files:

3. frosty

frosty New Member

NOW THATS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just love the look of them .45's.

Reload them CD. They are begging for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
  4. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

ha ha ha, they are arn't they...
    At the rate I reload (slow) and if they all have 4 loads each left in them, along with the rest of my brass and factory rounds, I will probabally never need for any more. Sounds good anyway. :D

~Crp
  5. Tony Mig

Tony Mig New Member

I wouldn't mind a box like that filled with .38 and .357 brass...!
  6. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

True that Tony, true that.....

I've been considering purchasing a case of .38 WC's, because I love to shoot wad cutters out of my little .38, and the brass would last me a long time...Dont have a .357 though, thats one caliber I've never owned for some reason.

~Crp
  7. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

I've loaded Lake City Arsenal match brass more than 15 times. As long as you do not bell the heck out of the case and taper crimp, that military brass will last as long as you do not hot rod the round.

Donnie,
    If you want to get rid of some of that WCC match brass, PM me with a price for a 1,000 pices or whatever you want to sell.

Rick
  8. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

15 times, thats good to know Rick...I heard that before, but felt it came from an inexperienced loader, good to hear you say it.

Sorry about the brass bro, if it was anything else I wouldn't have a problem with it, but I really want to keep these...Honestly, I still have to go through 'em, clean 'em, and see just how much of it is WCC Match...may not be as many as I'm hoping, but maybe.

Hope you understand brother.

P.S. Were still gonna have to get together and shoot before my work season hits hard and heavy!

~Crp
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2004
  9. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

No problem, Donnie. I understand completely. Just wondered in case! Never hurts to ask. The good thing about the match brass is that the primer is not crimped in as in plain military brass. A lot easier to prepare the brass. Good luck.

Yes, We need to get together. Also need TQH and a few others. Starting to travel much more now. Need to be back over here in France from 5/10 to 5/14 and 10/9 to 10/14. That's not counting on all the North American Travel included. Will let ya know.

Rick

As for the military 45 brass, get yourself a can of WW231 at 5.3 grains, an H&G 68 semi-wadcutter 200 gr lead cast bullet and a WW LP primer. Havent seen a 45 that did not like that combo yet. May have to adjust powder from 5.1 to 5.5 gr, but the guns love that bullet and it punches a sweet circular hole!
  10. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Thank you much for the data, I truly value info like this from the old school guys, I know its tried and true.

Sounds like you got a full plate there, yes, holler when you have time. Maybe we can make a day of it, up at your place or we could use an outdoor range at a gun club I just joined 30 minute drive from Sulphur Springs..We get out to 300 meters, and also have skeet and trap. The rules state that I can bring anyone I want out there for a trial run...Shoot all day and see if ya like it kind of deal...We have 150 members so a weekday would be much less crowded...Sundays are out, as they are desinated for competition, unless your interested in a competition shoot, if so, we could look into that too.

~Crpdeth