Help me Value this Kimber

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by Beprepared, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Beprepared

Beprepared New Member

The gun is a Kimber Eclipse Ultra. The condition is visible in the pictures below. It has had a Trigger job, Reliability job (Tuned ejector, tuned extractor and polished feed ramp) and the frame was polished. There is paperwork on all this work. It will be coming with a nylon paddle holster, and 2 mags.

I would like an idea what it's worth, as i think i'm getting a good deal but i want an outside opinion.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. SmokyBaer

SmokyBaer New Member

One in my area just sold for 700 and I thought that was a GREAT deal. Don't know how much value the "smith" work puts on it and the down economy surely has a bearing too.

Best of luck buying that Kimber... Looks nice!!
    :D
  3. Hunting Man

Hunting Man New Member

current book value shows $700. in vg, and $500.00 in good condition, I have a custom Royal model and love it. I also don't add a whole lot of value to extra work on used guns, the seller most likely would disagree!
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2010
  4. wpage

wpage Active Member

If the work is well documented with reciepts and it appears in very good condition...
    Upwards of $700.
  5. Helix_FR

Helix_FR New Member

600-700 is the going price around here. The trigger job and reliability job doesn't amount to much since there are only mechanical fixes and not tangible additions. The kimbers I have dealt with don't need a whole lot of help except for lightning the trigger but that is a personal preference, its the springfields that need a little help.
  6. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

if you can get it with the extras for 7 or less you did pretty good;)
  7. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Welcome smokybear. Whats the compensated beast of a 1911 in your avatar? I like it...
  8. Semper Fi

Semper Fi New Member

That's a nice gun, I've got a Kimber Pro Crimson Carry, 4" barrel & carries 8+1 with Crimson Trace laser grips. I could never think of selling mine. It's been too kind to me.
  9. SmokyBaer

SmokyBaer New Member

That's "Painless"... She's been with me since the 80s. A customized and comped Springfield Armory 45. Has all the bells and whistles that were available then. Only thing I've done to her was change the grips. One of the most forgiving pistols I've owned. Eats anything and loves the 10 ring! :D