HELP! NEED INFO ON THE 375JDJ ROUND

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Rockyja, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Rockyja

Rockyja Former Guest

Living in Burnsville, MN, a Transplant from Los An
    I have a 375 JDJ barrel for my T/C Contender. I understand that the T/C Contender 375JDJ round is now obsolete. If I what I read earlier is correct, the 444 Marlin is a "Parent" cartridge and can be used in my T/C Contender 375JDJ barrel. The last thing I want to do is totally screw up this barrel.

If I’m wrong, would someone enlighten me as to what type of round I can now use in my 375JDJ Contender barrel?? I don’t reload, so that’s not an option for me.
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

its not real common eh , i dont know anyone who still shoots the JDJ but will ask
  3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

If you dont reload then the barrel is useless to you. Sell it and buy one you can buy ammo for.

The .375 JDJ, as are most of the other brainchildren of JD Jones, are long range pistol cartridges. They are intended for silhouette competition in single shot contenders and long range handgun hunting.

Thats about all I know about it.. Might look at SSK industries web page. They are the owners of the JDJ lineup.
  4. Rockyja

Rockyja Former Guest

Thank you.
  5. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

[​IMG]

Introduced in 1978, it is the .444 Marlin necked down for .375 caliber bullets. One of the many cartridges developed specifically for the Contender.

the quick question asked this side came back, everyone reloads for it , there is no supply of ammo in Australia that anyone knows of other than reloaded

and we cant ship you ammo , sorry
  6. Rockyja

Rockyja Former Guest

Jack,

Can, or gunsmiths reload for thier customers for a price, or is it something I'd have to learn to do?
  7. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Rocky as i understand it , in the USA its a liability issue and insurance for it is HUGE ..

so if it is done it will cost ,

here i can reload for others and have done ( good $ if you get a few folks ) but your laws there are different so folks dont reload for others ( not out loud anyway )

if you can find someone on the quiet ( folks this is a hint for loaders to PM Rocky )

then all is good , just keep it dark .. ;)

but learning how is easy

is duluth near you ?? ( sp?)

when i was doing the factory dealer training i met a guy also doing the course

gardner@gunthorp.com

from his info

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  8. Rockyja

Rockyja Former Guest

Thanks for checking it out for me Jack. JLA also gave me a lead on SSK Industries. They customize, and do a load work on contender barrels, and they do so much more. I'm going to call them today and find out if the can rechamber my barrel. http://sskindustries.com/contender
  9. Rockyja

Rockyja Former Guest

JLA, I think you got me to the right place. I'll call SSK later on today. I have a feeling they can help me. Thanks a lot buddy. :) http://sskindustries.com/contender
  10. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

heck a 338 in a contender !! big buff gun