The Firearms Forum banner

help!need opinions see "30-06 recipe"post

798 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  JohnTheCalifornian 
#1 ·
I know the post "30-06 recipe is a dumb,elementary question but i just started reloading & i need a knowledgeable/experienced reloader's opinion before i can load them. SEE POST: "30-06 recipe".Thanks for your time.

#2 ·
Almost always you wont have any great accuracy loading at or near the max loads for a particular recipe. If what you have now works good, and YOUR happy with it, stay with it. No need to change it. Why fix something that really isnt broken?, so to speak.

As far as recipes go, some have given you a recipe or two. But most will not give out that info because of liability reasons. Should you hurt yourself or someone else, they would be liable because you got the load data from them.

If you want to tweak your load a little more, go ahead. Considering in your other post, you said everything went fine and there were no signs of excessive pressure. Just work your loads up in small increments, .5 to 1 gr and test.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.