Help Needed - Missing Bushnell Scope Elevation Knob Cover

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by Juker, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Juker

Juker New Member

I bought a Remington 770 .30-06 online in January, and when I received it the elevation knob cover, or turret cap, was missing. No joy from Remington or Bushnell. I have scoured the web and no one seems to sell these.

So, brothers and sisters, do any of you have a busted scope, or spare cap?

As shown in the pics, a quarter fits precisely inside this cap (this one from the windage knob).

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

• cap2.jpg
      cap2.jpg
      File size:
      132.5 KB
      Views:
    • cap1.jpg
      cap1.jpg
      File size:
      120.8 KB
      Views:
  2. ozo

ozo Active Member

Bushnell wouldn't help? Weird.....
    Can you measure and get thread size?
    Then ask all the other scope manufacturers........
  3. Juker

Juker New Member

I spent 20 minutes twice on the phone with Bushnell. I had already registered the warranty online. All was supposedly well and they'd send me a replacement, no charge. Today I received a letter saying the part was unavailable. How can it can be unavailable? They're the source, fer cryin' out loud ...

The letter went on to say that I would have to send in the scope. I find that unacceptable and ridiculous!
  4. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

IMO, that's BS from Bushnell as they have the parts (or access) to all new "scopes" they sell.
    If given the model# of it to them, there is no reason why they should need you to send the scope back!:confused:
  5. Juker

Juker New Member

My thoughts exactly.

Incredibly, I was up at Dick's today browsing around, and asked the guy at the gun counter if he had one. He pulled out some parts bins, and lo and behold, he had one!

Problem solved, no thanks to Bushnell.
  6. Juker

Juker New Member

I had to resurrect this thread to add a post script...

The day I scored that knob cover at Dick's, I had sent an email to Bushnell, with photos, showing them what I needed. Obviously, they have bins of these knob covers sitting around. I should point out that the knob cover I got from the friendly folks at Dick's doesn't match the other; it has gold lettering instead of silver, meaning that there aren't specific covers made for each scope.

This is the email I received from Bushnell a few days later:

Thank you for contacting Bushnell Customer Support.

I do apologize but as is the part is not available. If you wish to send the scope in we can attempt to match a part up to the unit from our other lines but the specific one for your scope is not available. Again I apologize for the inconvenience.

Based on the information you have provided regarding your product, we would recommend that you send it in for evaluation by one of our Repair Lab Technicians. Please click on the link below for our Repair Form, which includes all of the necessary information we will need to properly evaluate your product. Please note that some pop up blockers may prevent you from accessing this information. If the form does not appear after clicking on the link, hold down the control key in the bottom left hand corner of your keyboard and then try clicking on the link again. If we can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again via email at CustomerSupport@Bushnell.com.

We appreciate your business. Thank you.
  7. ozo

ozo Active Member

Does this say 'customer support'.......
    I must have mis-read.

I do understand why they want it in their hands,
    and I would bet, if they had none to match your cap,
    they would put on two that would match.
    I am in no way defending them at Bushnell, but having
    a few instances with rings, bases, etc. over the years
    I have had nothing but great service from them personally.
    Therefore my comment that your 'fail' from them was weird.
    They could have been more compassionate in their reply
    with some support !
  8. Juker

Juker New Member

LOL Yup.

Funny thing is, I actually LIKE Bushnell.

And I despise automated email replies.

So my solution, if I was them, would have been: "Don't bother dismounting your scope, and packing it up, and shipping it here, so we can evaluate it, and repack it, and ship it back. That would be a waste of time and money. Instead, we'll send you a box of four or five knob covers, and hopefully one will fit."

Anyhow - all's well that ends well.
  9. evan03

evan03 New Member

I had to reply because I feel the best fix for that lost cap is to replace that scope.
    Even if the 770 isn't that great I'd feel better with glass tripling the rifles value.

In bushnells defense the bought out millet and the serios 100 site has been discontinued for awhile.. I'm going to send them the rear site as a unit and see what happens.