1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Help on Husqvarna 30-06

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by mike1958, Jan 3, 2010.

1. mike1958

mike1958 New Member

I have a Husqvarna 30-06 that my Dad left to me. I have hunted with it on several occassions and it is a very accurate and light rifle.
    I cannot remember what he told me about how old it is etc, only that it is was a Swedish Army rifle that has been "sporterized". It has a Bausch and Lomb 8X scope.
    Could someone tell me more about this gun? I have been looking on the internet for some kind of link to a serial number website or something but cannot get any definate info.
    Serial number is 141146.
    Husqvarna Vapenfabriks AB. 30-06 US.

attached are some pictures...
    thank you for any help....

Attached Files:

2. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

By the SN, it was made in 1952. It is made on a civilian FN Mauser 98 action. Made for export to the US. Never was a military rifle. Looks like it should be either a Repeterstudsare Model 1000 or a Repeterstudsare Modell 640. I think, more probably the 1000, because it came with a Monte Carlo stock. Both of those, however, came with fixed sights. Were fixed sights removed from your gun, or does it have a smooth barrel?
  3. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

4. mike1958

mike1958 New Member

Thank you! It did have fixed sights, I think barrel was shortened and you can see where there is a "squarish" mark where the rear sight was.
    Is the "Monte Carlo" stock without the additional neck block on the inside?
    also, there is a 146 on the underside of the handle on the bolt.
  5. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

This is what's called a "classic" rifle stock. Notice that the top of it is straight. It is low, so that, with a good cheek weld, you can use the iron sights easily.
    [​IMG]

This is a "monte carlo" stock. Notice that the top has a kind of "hump" in it. There is an area higher than the rest of the stock. This is to get your head, and your eye, up higher, so you can see easily through a scope, while still maintaining a good cheek-weld to the stock. This one is on a BB gun, but it doesn't matter. A Monte Carlo is a Monte Carlo, no matter what it is on.

[​IMG]

The one on your gun is not as large as this one, but it is there.
  6. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

I don't think it was cut much, if it was cut. 60cm converts to a 23.6" barrel. And that picture looks like about a 24" barrel.