Help on Value and age of flintlock pistol

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by CHUCKEYCITY13, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Jim K

Jim K New Member

I think the lockplate may be European, but the cock and the furniture are far too crude to be from any European shop. If even an apprentice turned out work like that the master smith would have told him to take up woodchopping. The lock is inset very badly, and looks as if it would break out of the stock with a few firings. But I don't really think it is a pure "non-gun" made for the tourist trade; I get the feeling it was intended to fire, even though with the touchhole eroded that large, doing so today would be dangerous.

Jim