1. JFREDACE

JFREDACE New Member

I have an old double barrel flintlock shotgun that was my pappy's dont know much about it the only thing I can find on it is the word RICHARDS on both sides of the stock and the word LONDON on the barrel. It looks to be very old. anyreplys would be great. Thanks
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2007
  2. First off, welcome to TFF, JF. Glad to have you with us. :)

From what information you gave . . .
    "Richard" was a trade name used on Belgium made shotguns imported for sale by H&D Folsom of New York. W. Richards shotguns are either of English or Belgium manufacture. If the barrel markings include an oval with the initials "E" over "L G," the shotgun was manufactured in Belgium. If the barrel markings include a crown, the gun is English. Westley Richards produced guns in Birmingham England circa 1814-1897. The agents for this gun in this country were J. Palmer O'Neil Co. in Pittsburgh Pa. W. Richards Belgium was also a house brand shotgun for the H & D Folsom Arms Co. 312-314 Broadway New York, NY. Hope this helps a little.