Help Please

Discussion in 'TFF Technical Support Forum & Suggestion Box' started by corsair, Mar 28, 2009.

1. corsair

corsair New Member

Can anyone guide me on how to post photos directly from my computer in a post?
    TIA
    Al
  2. 94z07

94z07 New Member

go to photobucket.com

Make an account. Follow their instructions for how to upload pictures and videos.

From "my album" on photobucket.com, copy the direct link to your picture.

On this forum click the insert image icon (mountain and sun) delete the "http://" from the dialogue box and paste in the link you copied from photobucket.com
  3. corsair

corsair New Member

Thanks 94. I tried all that on other forums but being computer dumb always screwed up. I thought there may be an easier more direct way right from the photos already on my computer. Al
  4. 94z07

94z07 New Member

PM me your phone number and we'll walk through it together.
  5. corsair

corsair New Member

Leaving now for Dr. appt. I will get to you later or tomorrow if thats OK and I appreciate the offer.
    Al
  6. 94z07

94z07 New Member

7. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

If you are starting a post, you will see a "button" below the box that says something manage pictures. Click on that button and a box will pop up that allows you to pick the (up to 4) pictures that you want to upload. Click on the UPLOAD button and then continue on with your post.

If you want to add a picture into an already existing post, click on the POST REPLY button or the GO ADVANCED button and follow the above instructions.
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2009
  8. corsair

corsair New Member

gd Thanks.
    Thats what I know how to do. Problem is I can't locate the"button". Where is it when starting a thread?
  9. corsair

corsair New Member

Original post says moved What does that mean and where are the subsequent replys to the original post?
  10. Corsair, all that means is that one of the Mods or Admins moved your thread to a more appropriate forum. We try to keep threads generally grouped as to topic, otherwise, we end up with a mishmash and it is hard for members to find topics in which they are particularly interested. General Discussion, by the way, is not really intended for directly gun-related topics, but rather everything else. If you see a thread has been moved, simply click on the thread in its original forum and the system will automatically redirect you to it wherever it was moved. The "moved" tag is simply a place holder and redirect.
  11. corsair

corsair New Member

Thanks Pistolshooter.
  12. corsair

corsair New Member

gd
    I can't locate the area you describe as "button" and manage pictures. Can you direct TIA Al
  13. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

Here is a pic of the bottom of the posting window, showing the button.

Attached Files:

14. corsair

corsair New Member

Thanks Terry
  15. ampaterry

No problemo -
    Have you tried it yet?

Good GRIEF my shake is getting bad!
    LOOK at that circle I drew!!

Man, I might throw a shot at an intruder and shoot myself in the foot!
  16. corsair

corsair New Member

Terry
    All ok up to transferring my photos to the photobucket site. I give up. The steps are all good until I hit upload. Then thats it.. zilch. Me amd computers just don't jive. Been messing with this to long for my old eyes and mind. Thanks for all the help from all the members on this forum.... Al
  17. ampaterry

I can't address uploading to or from photobucket, as I don't do that.

I just click the button I circled in that picture, and the pop-up window has an 'upload file from your computer' section with four boxes and four 'browse' buttons. Clicking the first browse button causes the files tree of my computer to appear in a second pop-up window. I navigate through my own files in that window, high-lite the one I want to upload, and click the 'open' button. That window closes, and the address to that file now appears in the first box beside the 'browse' button I pushed before. I repeat that for the other three boxes as well, if I want to load more pictures for that post. When I have them all listed in the boxes, I click 'upload' at the bottom of that window, and wait until the process is done.

The pictures will be attached to the post you are making at the time of uploading.

Don't give up; you can do it.
    Computers is strange critters -
    But they are SO cool when everything works right -
  18. corsair

corsair New Member

Ampaterry. I finally did get a pic posted (on the Ask The Pros forum) and thank You for the patient help,as well as all others that tried to guide me. This is really a great bunch of people..Al
  19. ampaterry

Glad to help -
    And GOOD SHOW!!