Help w/ Old 38 special

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by kickers, Jul 28, 2006.

1. kickers

kickers New Member

I have an old 38 special pistol and I know nothing about guns so please be easy on me!! It is a short barrel with wooden handle. On the handle it has a circle with a gold medallion with the letter H in the middle and then i think above that there is an ingraved version of the letter H. On the top of barrell it says 38 special CTG. I do think it says made in Spain somewhere..couldnt read it well. I do have the serial number off the gun...E199622 on bottom of grip. Does anyone know who made the gun,,what it is worth or anything about it?? It does shoot ok.. Thanks for your help.
  2. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

Welcomw Kickers
    Can you get us some pictures?
  3. kickers

kickers New Member

Will try but it may be tomorrow as a friend of mine has it now..do you have any idea close to what it may be? Or what it is worth
  4. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

Spanish revolvers have very little value. These were put out before WWII as cheap copies of quality pistols. They liked to copy Smith & Wessons a lot. That being said, there are some collectors of these pistols, but they have to be in virtually new condition to be of any value at all. An ordinary Spanish pistol showing any wear will range in value from about $20 to $65. The higher value is for those in decent working condition, which a great many of them are not. Even if it appears to be in shooting condition I would advise against firing it, as these pistols are usually of questionable quality and can be dangerous to the user.