Help with a Browning pistol please!

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by freshmanguitar, Mar 17, 2012.

1. freshmanguitar

freshmanguitar New Member

I have a FN Browning M1922 that I just cant seem to place a year, or who the contract was for. Also I have NO idea what its worth. To start, it has the serial number 283297, no prefix. It has 17 serrations on the slide, Trigger guard has FN inside a box on the left side, above the trigger on the left side there is a symbol of a lion over PV * C. The grips say FN. The barrel also has the lion over pv * C, but also has a crown over ELG. The slide also has that same lion over pv * c. the right side of the trigger guard has a weird symbol that looks like it has 3 stamps on it. it *appears* to have an "A" inside half a box, a "P". MAYBE an "f" *if i can see it right* and an O or 0. it also has a lanyard ring on the left side of the grip. its in 32acp (7.65). any help will be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
  2. freshmanguitar

Also *forgot this* Yes the serial# is all matching except for the magazine, its serial# is 36773, it says FN and has what appears to be a weird "3M/*this symbol here i cant figure out what it is*)
  3. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Welcome to the forum, freshmanguitar. I'm sure someone will be able to help you. You'll find us a friendly bunch and there is lots of great advice here.

One thing that would be helpful would be pictures, if you could post some.
  4. Jim K

Jim K New Member

Pictures might help. Serial numbers on the 1922 are confusing, since almost every country or police department seemed to want its pistols numbered in its own series. As far as I can tell, that pistol would have been in the normal serial number range to have been made about 1938. Without a marking of some kind, I have no idea if the pistol was made on contract or was simply a commercial pistol, most of which had the lanyard ring. The markings seem to be the normal Belgian proof marks and FN inspection marks.

Maybe someone else can provide more information, but probably not without pictures.

Jim
  5. freshmanguitar

I added photos, thats all the markings besides the fn browning patent and FN on the trigger guard.
  6. freshmanguitar

Oh, also, anybody know what its worth? And Thanks Blackeagle and Jim K!
  7. Jim K

Jim K New Member

Those are terrible pictures, but from what I can tell of the condition, I would put the value at around $150, maybe $200. Plain commercial Model 1922's with no special markings or serial numbers are pretty common, and not especially desireable compared to, say, Walther or Colt pocket pistols of the same period.

Jim
  8. freshmanguitar

Thanks! and sorry about the quality, had to use a webcam because my actual camera stopped working for some reason.