1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Help with a Henry

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by mcw120566, Dec 19, 2009.

1. mcw120566

mcw120566 Member

Good afternoon......

Through some horse trading, I recently came across a Henry H001 .22 Rifle. It is unfired and still had the origional box and paperwork with it, so I couldnt let it go. I have found that they are selling new for about 250-300.00, no big deal, I didnt get it thinking it was a huge collectors item, However when I got home I discovered a Henry scope in the box. I can't find any information on the scope at all. Did Henery ever offer the H001 with a scope?? I can't even find a scope with Henry caps in the Henry catalog.

If anyone can shed any light on this I would be gratefull!

Sorry about the pic of the scope, my age is catching up with me!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
  2. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Never heard of anything like it.:eek:

Can you give more detail about the scope?
  3. mcw120566

mcw120566 Member

I can find no other marking or engraving on the scope at all.

Also, it (the rifle) has a "funny" serial number.....

The serial number is an even 100, so Im not quite sure what I have here. It is rare that I will pass on any .22 rife, in spit of my wife. I just bought it cause I thought it was a nice little rifle. Now Im not sure what I have.
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
  4. Jim K

Jim K New Member

5. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

henry made scopes and they were an option on some models although i dont know which models. the serial number seems interesting however. might have a rare one or somethin
  6. mcw120566

mcw120566 Member

Update.........

I finally had a day off during working hours to contact Henry. This is what I foud out, the only gun that has been offered with a Henry scope, was their Acu Bolt. They dont even offer them as an option or an accessory for the H001. So how I ended up with it in the box......Who knows.

As far as the serial number, well, like the scope, just lucky I guess.

Since it is unfired, and in the box, I guess I will just keep it that way. I have enough other .22's to keep me busy for a while.