Help with a Henry

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by mcw120566, Dec 19, 2009.

1. mcw120566

mcw120566 New Member

Good afternoon......

Through some horse trading, I recently came across a Henry H001 .22 Rifle. It is unfired and still had the origional box and paperwork with it, so I couldnt let it go. I have found that they are selling new for about 250-300.00, no big deal, I didnt get it thinking it was a huge collectors item, However when I got home I discovered a Henry scope in the box. I can't find any information on the scope at all. Did Henery ever offer the H001 with a scope?? I can't even find a scope with Henry caps in the Henry catalog.

If anyone can shed any light on this I would be gratefull!

Sorry about the pic of the scope, my age is catching up with me!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
  2. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Never heard of anything like it.:eek:

Can you give more detail about the scope?
  3. mcw120566

mcw120566 New Member

I can find no other marking or engraving on the scope at all.

Also, it (the rifle) has a "funny" serial number.....

The serial number is an even 100, so Im not quite sure what I have here. It is rare that I will pass on any .22 rife, in spit of my wife. I just bought it cause I thought it was a nice little rifle. Now Im not sure what I have.
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
  4. Jim K

Jim K New Member

5. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

henry made scopes and they were an option on some models although i dont know which models. the serial number seems interesting however. might have a rare one or somethin
  6. mcw120566

mcw120566 New Member

Update.........

I finally had a day off during working hours to contact Henry. This is what I foud out, the only gun that has been offered with a Henry scope, was their Acu Bolt. They dont even offer them as an option or an accessory for the H001. So how I ended up with it in the box......Who knows.

As far as the serial number, well, like the scope, just lucky I guess.

Since it is unfired, and in the box, I guess I will just keep it that way. I have enough other .22's to keep me busy for a while.