The Firearms Forum banner

Help with Arisaka 99 identification

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Detroit-1 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello alll,
I acquired a Type 99 from my uncle and would love to know more about it. I believe it's a late war production. It has no markings under the ground mum. The serial number is 9783 and markings suggest it was made at the Izawa factory. I can't read the mark before the serial #. It is pretty crude as compared to earlier production models.
Any information would be great.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
That's a weird bird alright. Steel BP, full hand guard and the bayo band are all wrong for a Last Ditch action. My 1st guess is a put together rifle of some sort.
You should post pics of it over at the Gunboards.com "Rising sun" forum. Let the real expert collectors see it. The Japanese did all kind of weird things towards the end. Wouldn't be the 1st one of a kind ever seen.

#6 ·
that is a 9th series Izawa Jyuko rifle. Is it matching? That means is the bolt marked with three numbers that match the last three of the serial #. They only made about 21,000 of this series. One of the more uncommon Nagoya series. And no it is not a put together gun. If you deside to sell her you will have no problem. I go to many gun shows and have never seen one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.