Help with Browning BL22

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Smokin Guns, Mar 6, 2003.

1. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

dinny
    (8/19/01 7:13:06 pm)
    Reply Help with Browning BL22
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Recently had a firing pin replaced by gunsmith and am not happy with action since. Anywhere I can get a teardown diagram/instructions to check damage done....Tanx

Tac401
    Administrator
    (8/19/01 7:44:35 pm)
    ezSupporter
    Re: Help with Browning BL22
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Welcome Aboard dinny!

Someone will be along shortly to answer your questions!
    The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator

kdubaz
    (8/19/01 7:51:02 pm)
    Reply Re: Help with Browning BL22
    Howdy, dinny -

After one of our more imformative members answers your particular question, you're as welcome as the flowers in May to stick around and join in the many topics here on the forum.
    Keep below the ridgeline!

AntiqueDr
    (8/19/01 10:06:48 pm)
    Make sure its unloaded, remove the magazine tube, and set the hammer at the safety notch. Take out the large takedown screw at the right rear of the receiver. Move the buttstock and subframe STRAIGHT to the rear; go slow, and restrain the ejector since it will be released. Remove the ejector spring through the ejection port, and pivot the ejector downward and off its post. Tip the bolt upward at the rear and slightly forward, then bring the bolt back down parallel to the frame and lift it off. The firing pin is held in by a crosspin.

What has probably happened is your parts mechanic failed to properly re-install the ejector spring and ejector and now the spring has been crimped in its recess causing the ejector to drag as the bolt is being cycled.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

procrastinator
    (8/19/01 10:15:44 pm)
    Hi Dinny,
    I have a copy of the NRA firearms assembly guide. If you wish, I can take pictures of the pages and email them to you. I think they will be good enough for you to read.

warpig883
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/19/01 11:07:48 pm)
    Welcome to this place dinny. I have a BL-22 also great gun!
    Procrastinater where can i get one of those NRA books. Are they still in print?

I fear we have awaked a sleeping giant and filled it with a terrible resolve. Jap. Admiral Yamamota directly after Pearl Harbor. If the women don't find you handsome, at least they should find you handy. Red Green. I am the ILLUSTRIOUS POTENTATE!

Xracer
    (8/20/01 7:32:16 am)
    Welcome aboard, dinny!

procrastinator
    (8/20/01 7:41:13 am)
    Warpig883 ~ First I would like to apologize for the crack I made about your striker stock and thank you for being man enough not to retaliate. On another board a few months ago, I would have been burned at the stake.
    I spent Saturday morning at the Tampa gun show looking for one to see it first hand but not a single striker was there.

Now as to the books ~
    Go to Ebay and type Firearms Assembly in the search block.
    Go to www.biblio.com and do the same in the title block.

I check both before responding and there are plenty to choose from. I only have the NRA guide #3 for long guns and the #4 for hand guns. They have come in quite handy!

Humbly, Frank

Zigzag2
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (8/20/01 8:35:10 am)
    ezSupporter
    Re: Help with Browning BL22
    Hello Dinny, and welcome to The Firearms Forum.
    Be assured any or all of us here, are willing to answer any of your questions and welcome any remarks.

Zig

warpig883
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/20/01 10:16:16 pm)
    procratinater, no apolagees needed. I can take a good ribbing, sometimes I do not like it at the time but I can take it. The Striker is a great shooting gun. Remminton quit making the XP about the time the Striker came out and I have been seeing more and more of the Strikers in my local gun stores. Three shots with the bolt on the left and GREAT accuracy.
    The link below is mine in .308. Savage Super Striker 516BSAK .308

www.savagearms.com/new/index.htm

I will check out that tip on the books. Thanks.

I fear we have awaked a sleeping giant and filled it with a terrible resolve. Jap. Admiral Yamamota directly after Pearl Harbor. If the women don't find you handsome, at least they should find you handy. Red Green. I am the ILLUSTRIOUS POTENTATE!