1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Help with ID and Accessories

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by Plymouthbel, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Plymouthbel

Plymouthbel New Member

Hi Guys,
    I am trying to identify what I have been told is a Birmingham Shotgun.
    There are a lot that look close to this one but nothing exactly the same that I can find on the web so here I am.
    Long story short, is has been in the family for many years and is treasured by my father. He has been given a short time to live so I want to fix it up for him so the starting point is finding out what it is then I will be looking for the parts to fix it up. I am not planning on getting it working just back to complete.
    Wilson on the lock is my surname, we dont believe that its the company that made it.
    Also I have the original box that I am trying to repair after it has been sitting under houses for over 100 years. I want to find out what it would have looked like and what it would have included. I have the cleaning rod and the oil can but thats it and the box isnt lined.

Here is a few pics and thankyou in advance as any hints will be greatly appreciated.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]