Help with Mossberg 146B trigger group

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by grumpa72, Nov 8, 2012.

1. grumpa72

grumpa72 New Member

Hi to all. New guy on this forum but, I could use some help.

I just purchased a much abused Mossberg 146B .22 with 4X scope and when I took the stock off, the innerds were so gunked up that I decided to clean everything down to bare metal and start from scratch. When I removed the trigger group a couple of parts fell off and I have no visual reminders of how it went together. Yeah, I know - my fault and I AM an idiot. So now I have the trigger completely disassembled and no way to reassemble it without some photos.

Can anyone provide me pictures of the trigger group from different angles so I can reassemble it? The springs are out, the parts are off and all is cleaned but, it isn't together.

Here are the sites I am visiting but none show the detail of the trigger group assembly:
    http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Products.aspx?catid=7551
    http://www.box54.com/ex146b.jpg

grumpa72@gmail.com

Thank you,
    grumpa
  2. old semperfi

old semperfi New Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    i suggest you call mossberg and im sure they will point you in the right direction or simply give you the info. old semperfi
  3. grumpa72

grumpa72 New Member

Good idea. Hadn't thought of that. In the meantime, I am hoping someone with this or a similar model can photograph the springs and levers while I await a reply from Mossberg.
  4. lead

lead Active Member

Somewhere on Mossberg's website is a link to Vic Havlin sales. He is head of the Mossberg collector's society. They have lots of info on the old .22's as well as parts. I'm sure they can help you.
  5. GunHugger

GunHugger Well-Known Member

Mossberg is NO help with guns early guns.

grumpa72,

The trigger is very simple in these, not real difficult to figure out even by looking at the exploded views that you have already. It will only go together and work one way...:D

If you can post a picture of what you aren't sure about and I'll help you figure out where they go.

EDIT to add: I was going to send you over to Rimfire Central Mossberg Forum for help but I see that you have already been there and have it solved now.
  6. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

Try Damn Guys Mossberg site. http://home.epix.net/~damguy/

Also hop on over to RimfireCentral in the mossberg section are some of the nicest guys on that board they will for sure help you out. (Not that you won't find great help here) Them Mossberg guys there are all a tad nuts about old classic mossbergs.
  7. grumpa72

grumpa72 New Member

The rimfirecentral Mossberg forum had a picture of the springs in the proper orientation and placement. I had figured out MOST of it by witness marks, and common sense. However, I found out that the one leaf spring can be installed in the wrong manner. All is good now.

thanks
  8. whirley

whirley New Member

Mossberg was a target shooter. Surprisingly, some of his pre ww2 .22's had adjustable triggers. Not great but better than average. Have fun!
  9. GunHugger

GunHugger Well-Known Member

Mossberg had "adjustable"' triggers on many models after WWII as well as before. But that doesn't mean much since the adjustment wasn't very good.

But their barrels were some of the best of all American made rimfires. Most were triple lapped and very accurate, even the non-target models.

They also used some real nice walnut for their gun stocks but covered them in a brown finish to make them look uniform in color. But there are many real nice walnut gun stocks on "economy" rifles.

I have owned well over 40 Mossberg rimfire rifles and not one of them shoots "average".