Help with old Percussion Target Rifle

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by griaguns, Nov 7, 2010.

1. griaguns

griaguns New Member

I live in B.C Canada and just picked up a Percussion 1/2 Stock Target rifle to go with the rest of my American made antique military and sporting rifles.
    The barrel has had a rear sight added and the dove tail has covered part of the name on top of the barrel.
    The barrel has a hook breach and is 1" 1/8th across the flats with the muzzle turned for a short starter approx 1" The name S.H. HAND 1873 is stamped on the end of the muzzle , Remington is stamped at the back of the bottom of the barrel just in front of the breach plug.The added rear sight is just behind the name .NELSON .
    Can anybody help with identifying this rifle.
    Graham
  2. 22shot

22shot New Member

griaguns-
    Can't identify the gun from your post; it reads like that rifle was "assembled" and not an"original".

Just a wild guess; at this point.

By the way; welcome to this site....
    I believe that most of these guys really know what they are talking about!
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2010