Help with turrets please !

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by mcgreen85, Jun 14, 2012.

1. mcgreen85

mcgreen85 New Member

Hey guys, I need some help. I bought a scope last year & put it on my rifle & it shoots great but it came with two sets of turrets & I'm trying to figure out how to use them. My scope is a Nikon Monarch ED 8x32x50. It is on my Howa 22-250 Axiom. As I have no experience with turrets any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. Brass Tacks

Brass Tacks New Member

I'm guessing the high turrets are graduated for long range doping and the low caps aren't
  3. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

i have 3 turrets all different for the grain of ammo u are using
  4. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

ok mcgreen where are u
  5. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

They are all the same just different styles. You have short, tall and tactical which are the triangle shape ones.
  6. mcgreen85

mcgreen85 New Member

Ok, Im in central Alabama, & I have two styles one set is tall & cylindrical, the other set is wider at the top than at the bottom but they're just as tall as the other set, the wide set doesn't have caps that screw down over them but the other set does
  7. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

u can switch turret knobs and caps for conveince
  8. mcgreen85

mcgreen85 New Member

Yes I have the different size screws for each one so I can change them but the problem is if I put them on I don't know what to do with them then, I don't understand what the lines & numbers mean
  9. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

on mine i set it to 50yrds and hit the target now u move the turrets to the hole u just shot take the turret off then put it back on at "0" and now rifle is scoped in. when i want to shoot at 100 yrds i just turn it to 100 and i should be close to target
  10. mcgreen85

mcgreen85 New Member

Ok so ur saying I zero my rifle at 100 then put my turrets on @ zero & from there I just move my turrets depending on the range I'm shooting & the windage ? So how do I figure out how far one click moves my bullet is it the same as shooting it with no turrets with 1/8 in moa clicks
  11. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

i was told shoot at 50 yrds so u have hole in target move the turrents so crosshairs are on bullet hole then take turret off set it to "0" tighten up again as far as the clicks i don't know because my turrets are different than yours so u will have to wait for someone else. My turret does not go by clicks i just set it at the yardage i want, my turret has 50.75, 100 marked right on it
  12. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

so mcgreen are u getting anywhere?
  13. mcgreen85

mcgreen85 New Member

Sorry I've been tied up, I've got my turrets on my scope I've just been researching trying to find out any info about how far the clicks move my bullet while using my turret, I guess I'm Gina have to find some type of ballistics chart, I suppose that would help me some ? I don't know, this is just going to be one of those learning processes
  14. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

Try again tomorrow the guys on here have those charts and they can tell u exactly what to do if no one gives u an answer tomorrow send me a message and i will pm someone for u
  15. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

can someone help him please
  16. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

ok see if we can get help
  17. mcgreen85

mcgreen85 New Member

Thanks Beth I'm grateful for all your doing for me maybe the person who knows about this just hasn't looked at this thread yet, hopefully they will
  18. joncutt87

joncutt87 Active Member

Looks like 1/8 MOA, so one click at 100 yds equals 1/8" and 1/4" at 200
  19. mcgreen85

mcgreen85 New Member

I understand what you're saying on that part but what I'm confused about is lets say I zero my rifle at 100 & my target is at 400 with a 5mph wind how do I figure out how many clicks to move up & how many clicks over ? Is it some equation I have to do with math or something or does it have something to do with the numbers that are on my turrets ? Im just trying to get a handle on these turrets, I don't expect to learn everything about the from reading on here, but if someone can teach me the basics then I will go out & shoot & use that to learn from, kinda trial & error type of thing if you catch my drift. Thank all of y'all for the help that you r giving
  20. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

thanks Jon