1. carolina grizzly

    carolina grizzly New Member

    Oct 11, 2012
    I have my Grandfathers Stevens 16 gauge side by side and know nothing about it. I am in need of a stock . Mine is plastic and is splitting in two directions. Does anyone know anything about them.
  2. BlackEagle

    BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

    Nov 25, 2011
    Welcome to the forum, carolina grizzly;

    You've come to the right place. There are quite a few people here who have lots of knowldege and experience and are only too glad to help. We're a friendly bunch who like a good discussion, a good laugh, and who care for each other.

    Someone here will get you some answers.

  3. wv hillbilly

    wv hillbilly Well-Known Member

    May 20, 2012
    mountains of wv.
    we need the model #
    you may try here NUMRICH GUN PARTS
  4. Blackhawk Dave

    Blackhawk Dave Member

    Nov 20, 2008
    Denton, TX
    If you have a woodworker in the area, take the original stock to him and he can make one out of oak. It will outlast you.
  5. BlackEagle

    BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

    Nov 25, 2011
    I should have said, pictures of the gun are helpful, if you can post some.
  6. aa1911

    aa1911 Well-Known Member

    Dec 12, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    There's a fellow that shows up to the Centralia, WA gunshow who's got something like 20,000 square feet of nothing but gunstocks, I don't have his contact info at the moment but I will grab it tomorrow or shoot me a PM if you can't find a stock elsewhere; I'm certain he would be able to get you fixed up.
  7. nmckenzie

    nmckenzie Well-Known Member

    Aug 15, 2011
    Sitka, Alaska
    Had one of those plastic stocked Stevens in 12 guage about thirty years ago. Hardest kicking double I've ever fired in my life! As for replacement stocks, try Bob's Gun Shop (www.gun-parts.com/savagestocks/). He's got stocks for pretty much the entire Savage/Springfield/Stevens series.
  8. Jim K

    Jim K New Member

    Dec 6, 2009
    Stocks are available at around $80, but most today are semi-inletted, so unless you can do the work yourself, it will cost to have someone inlet and finish it.

Similar Threads
Forum Title Date
Technical Questions & Information Need Help Identifying these Hammers Saturday at 10:40 AM
Technical Questions & Information H&R Top-Break .38 S&W Help? Please? Jan 13, 2017
Technical Questions & Information Help Restoring/Repairing .38 Unmarked Top Break. Jan 10, 2017
Technical Questions & Information H&R topbreak DBL action help Dec 31, 2016
Technical Questions & Information Help to identify Dec 31, 2016