Help????

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 3, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

TallTLynn
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (7/4/01 8:04:04 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Help????
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Okay I'm dead curious and I know this thing can't be a new gun - it's gun calibrated sights on it for one.

WAFFENFABRIK MAUSER
    OBERNDORF A. NECKER

Ugly looking thing too

AntiqueDr
    (7/4/01 8:15:55 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Help????
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Need more information, T. Mauser made a bejillion different guns, with a bejillion different variations, for a bejillion different countries.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

LIKTOSHOOT
    (7/4/01 8:19:17 pm)
    Is this the revolver Astra??????

TallTLynn
    (7/4/01 8:23:31 pm)
    Well it looks to be a semi of some sort - but you feed it from the top - and the magazine is before the trigger? Got a funny hand grip too - it's kind of oval (round) and has a ring at the bottom of it. The magazine part (which like I said feeds from the top) is square - couldn't fit more than 5 bullets in it - not that I have a clue what caliber. Barrel has got to be from the magazine forward a good 8 inches long.

There are no other markings on the gun but what I typed up in the first post - except for 367 stamped right in front of what looks to be hammer and that's strange as well. No wait 201367 is stamped in the hammer itself. But how many hammers have a round hole in them??? And it looks like it came that way. Plus there is another roundish lever on the left of the hammer don't know what it does at all.

Weird weapon.

LTS - no this is a different one.

Edited by: TallTLynn at: 7/4/01 9:25:13 pm

AntiqueDr
    (7/4/01 8:30:20 pm)
    You have a variation of the 1896 Mauser "Broomhandle" Pistol. There were bunches of variations, and contracts for different countries, etc...

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

TallTLynn
    (7/4/01 8:42:26 pm)
    Thanks - didn't have a clue as to what it was - ugly sucker but kinda cute too.

Pity I have to give them all back in a week or so.

LIKTOSHOOT
    (7/4/01 9:04:01 pm)
    TL, was this from the same person as the Astra revolver???? This might be an Astra 900(GET BACK BOB!!!) LTS

TallTLynn
    (7/4/01 9:08:00 pm)
    LTS - uh huh from the same guy - I get to drool over all the guns for a week or so (lol). I kind of think the 2 P-38's are cute too.

Bob In St Louis
    (7/5/01 8:05:04 pm)
    No, it's a Mauser Model 96. Depending on the barrel length and grip configuration it can be a Bolo Model (shorter model - named Bolo because the Bolshoviks preferred it), a full sized model, if there is a red 9 on the grips it is a 9mm parabellum instead of 7.63 Mauser, different variations depending on size of hammer cone, flat sided, two-line or three-line address on side, etc.
    Support the Dead Party, vote Harry S. Truman for Missouri Senate in 2002!

polishshooter
    (7/5/01 10:10:04 pm)
    Hey, T, pretend you're Princess Leia from Star Wars and blast some Storm Troopers from the Dark Side...

The "blasters" they used in the originals sure LOOKED like old broomhandles, didn't they?

44rugerfan
    (7/6/01 12:58:32 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Help????
    Polish....(kcee...kcaaa).... I am your fatha....(kcee...kcaa) I wanna play too!
    Hunt. Kill. Repeat.

Xracer
    (7/6/01 7:35:18 am)
    "T"....does it look like this? easyweb.easynet.co.uk/~gc...oting.html

TallTLynn
    (7/6/01 7:57:15 am)
    Yippee XRacer - it does indeed look exactly like that.

Xracer
    (7/6/01 7:57:12 pm)
    OK......Bob & Doc were right then.....Broomhandle Mauser.

TallTLynn
    (7/6/01 11:46:15 pm)
    Yep it is a Broomhandle Mauser - from WWI - and definitely German. My friend told me what it was while I was helping him clean his house this evening. Ah I love the smell of gunpowder - think it's time to go shooting this weekend.