The Firearms Forum banner

HelpMe! How much it worth - Winchester 1884

3K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Buffalochip 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello Guys,

my dad have this Winchester 1884 and i would like to know how much it worth.

Kind Regards,

Davi T.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
John Browning designed a rifle action and patented it in 1884. This rifle became the Winchester 1886. Later he "smallasized" the action to make the Winchester 1892. But because the action was patented in 1884, that date is on the rifle.

It appears that you have a model 1892.

#7 ·
Not without more info.

For example - caliber? Barrel length?

Just looking at the pictures, it looks to be a 20" short rifle, with an octagonal barrel. But the wood is in terrible shape. The lower tang is not attached to the stock, which suggest you either have a missing or broken tang screw. If the innards look anywhere near as bad as the outside, I'd say, three, four hundred as a parts gun.

#8 ·
Not without more info.

For example - caliber? Barrel length?

Just looking at the pictures, it looks to be a 20" short rifle, with an octagonal barrel. But the wood is in terrible shape. The lower tang is not attached to the stock, which suggest you either have a missing or broken tang screw. If the innards look anywhere near as bad as the outside, I'd say, three, four hundred as a parts gun.
I really dont know the Barrel length because i dont have it with me, but the caliber is .44

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.