Helthcare Bill Hearings Underway!!! Why can't we watch?

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by jlloyd73, Mar 26, 2012.

1. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

2. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

That's what I've been watching on the news and was sorta thinking the same thing.
    My bet would be it'll be in favor of Obozo. (hate to sound so negative)
  3. flyingtiger85

flyingtiger85 Active Member

Don't be so sure.Remember during the speech to Congress Justice Alito mumbled "not true" and they were disrespected and critizied for thire view on the campaign finance decision.I don't think some of them liked to be scrutinized like that.
  4. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    The way I see it is that they don't want us to watch, because they are going to rape the Constitution! Just suppose that they rule that mandated health Ins. is OK according to the Constitution. How will all the poor folks that have never worked a day in their lives get Ins? They don't live like we do. They don't see that the poor already get medical attention. What they see is what they are told, and they are told that the poor barely get medical attention. They think that everyone should be treated equally, and that theydeserve to have the same medical services that folks do who work for a living, and purchase their own Health Ins. A commercial running in LA right now has a woman saying "It's a miricle, I will soon be able to get Health Ins thru the state, so I can get better care for my children".
  5. H-D

H-D Active Member

Sure we can watch it Obama said he would make the government more transparent... Oh wait that was another lie
  6. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    +1
  7. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Personally, I don't want the highest court in the land being viewed. There's enough so called conservatives and liberals, to reach a consensus. Think of the OJ case, and the female who left her kid and it drowned ( how quickly we forget ), Mike Tysons trials, etc.. Media madness in the SCOTS. Not for me. There's to much weight on every case that goes before them that effects us all, to be distracted by some reporter wanting a better camera shot, than somebody else.
  8. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

But, but, but, I thought Obama promised us transparent and open government? Did that promise vanish like a fart in the wind along with the promise that he wouldn't take special interest money?

Then again I guess raven818 is right, they don't need to make a circus out of it. Plus then it'll be on the news for three weeks until everybody gets sick of hearing about it.
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  9. armoredman

armoredman New Member

Cameras have never been allowed in SCOTUS, IIRC. I "watched" (listened) to the historic oral arguments in Heller, and there were no cameras there, either, only audio recorders.
    I hear fed.gov is saying the mandate is a TAX! And because it's a tax, it can't be questioned by law until AFTER it's paid! It appears the justices are having difficulty swallowing that line.
  10. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

hold on , i'm not american but aint that what C span is for ?

so everyone has free ( costs here ) open and equitable access to these type events ??

unedited unbiased , etc etc etc