Henderson teen shoots man who attempted home invasion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jlloyd73, Dec 30, 2011.

1. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

This is why at least one of my guns is available to my kids. I think it is stupid to have all your guns locked up when I have children that are responsible enough to use a firearm correctly for their safety.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/10544178/
  2. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

You're not the only one; I grew up with many guns in the house and never had a gun safe or locks; nor any problems either.

Glad these teens are safe and had the know-how to protect themselves.
  3. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Amen on all points
  4. Juker

Juker New Member

I love the starting the day by reading good news!
  5. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I'm glad there is one less BG roaming the streets, but my prayers go out to the young man who pulled the trigger. It's never easy to take a life, even when it's necessary.
  6. tcox4freedom

tcox4freedom Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I experienced a HIR when I was thirteen where I was beaten before I was able to retrieve my shotgun. I am thankful that I had access to my Winchester 410; AND the ability to protect myself.
  7. herohog

herohog New Member

Every one of those guns had a full magazine and an empty chamber (except the single shot .410 of course, the ammo for it was in the box you see there). I was 12 when this picture was taken. That is my mom, less than 2 years before she died of cancer...
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  8. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

Most people where we live keep guns on hooks over exterior doors, mainly for quick shots at bear & wolves that sometimes show up around cabins. People here don't ever show up without calling first for fear of being shot and I myself have had people greet me with a gun, quite common actually. When I read about all these home invasions, I wonder if the parties know each other and often it's a disagreement or maybe not enough people are armed in their homes? Then too, maybe I'm only seeing the positive outcomes in print. Whatever, we are going down as a society.