Henry 22 mag range report

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Smokin Guns, Mar 9, 2003.

1. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

JH45gun
    (12/28/02 4:04:48 pm)
    Reply Henry 22 mag range report
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just got back from the range and to say the least I am impressed with the Henry Lever action in 22 mag. I only shot at 25 yards, I would have shot at 50 but I shot up my 40 grain ammo sighting in the scope and the Federal 50 grain the gun did not like at all and shot bad at 25 yards so 50 yards was out of the question. The 50 grain stuff shot all over the place. The best group I got out the good ammo I had before I ran out was a 3 shot group that measured 5/16 center to center using PMC Predator 40 grain hollow point ammo and a 2 shot group using Remington V Max tht measured a 1/4 inch I only had 3 shells of the V max and pulled the first shot, the following 2 measured the 1/4 inch. So I feel the gun has good potental. The trigger has some creep but letoff is crisp and it probably needs to be shot some more to break it in better. Jim

JackRyann
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/28/02 9:10:10 pm)
    Reply Re: Henry 22 mag range report
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is how I keep my records now.

--44 mag, when you're ready to get serious--

JH45gun
    (12/28/02 10:35:48 pm)
    Jack the pic did not show just the box with the x in it can you re-send? Jim

gram22
    (12/29/02 12:58:40 am)
    I have never shot the .22mag before, but I shot .22lr stingers for the first time today. I was using regular 36 grain Federal hollow-point ammunition shooting at an old alunimum boyscout canteen, made big neat holes in it... then I switched to the CCI Stingers, and the can was jumping at least 2 feet into the air. I have to say, whatever they do to that ammunition makes a huge difference. Not very accurate though, good for close-up shots.

JackRyann
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/31/02 1:58:35 am)
    It doesn't show a Winchester box, a ruler for size and the range and rifle type on the paper?

Does it for everyone else?

I'm confused.

When I look at it the only thing missing is the trajectory chart I have on every rifle with a rubber band. I can bring up the pix and in one file I have everything I need to know about that rifle with what ever ammo I've ever used in it. When I need ammo I can go to the file on that gun and SEE exactly what each brand doe in it.

I wouldn't do it any other way now. It's easy and the records don't get lost or thrown away.

Edited by: JackRyann at: 12/31/02 2:03:38 am

JH45gun
    (1/1/03 1:02:27 am)
    Nope does not show pic for me here is a pic of the target I shot with the Henry Lever first time out sighting in the scope at 25 yards 3 shots using PMC ammo

Edited by: JH45gun at: 1/2/03 7:00:19 pm

JackRyann
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/1/03 1:28:57 am)
    That's strange. I see my pic and don't see yours, just a little box. Here's a link to my pic sight and ya can see 'em all.

groups.msn.com/Crossroads...lbumlist=2

JH45gun
    (1/2/03 7:03:46 pm)
    Jack, I had the pic show when I first posted it before. Now when I looked at it I got the box thing,but your pic showed up where it did not before so I re-edited mine and now it shows up, go figure. Jim

JackRyann
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/3/03 1:26:33 am)
    I see 'em now too.

If ya wright all the info on the chart before taking a pic you don't need any other records.

Need some ammo? Just check the pics and there's no question exactly what happened last time.