1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Henry 22LR Lever Action.... Best 22 Rifle EVER!!!!!

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Brad - Stevens 311, May 25, 2012.

1. Brad - Stevens 311

Brad - Stevens 311 New Member

Yeah the Henry is truly outstanding. It's my favorite 22lr I own. I enjoyed my Ruger 10/22 for the time being, But I prefer manual Reloading rifles. I've already put two 500 round boxes through it without a single jam.
  2. whichfinger

whichfinger New Member

Okay, I'll share pics of my H001M and H001T:

[​IMG]
  3. mr.t7024

mr.t7024 Member

I have the Henry GoldenBoy in .17HMR, It is a joy to shoot! :) Cliff
  4. zachp

zachp New Member

I bought my gf the Henry Carbine for christmas last year. I love that gun and wish I would have bought it for myself rather than the 10-22 that I bought. I will highly recomend the large loop lever, makes one heck of a difference in the feel and ease of operation!
  5. flyingtiger85

flyingtiger85 Well-Known Member

I'm Glad your so happy about your new gun purchase.Because a Henry lever -22 is on my want list.When the funds come together I'll have one to.
  6. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

I loved my Browning short throw. Never fired a Henry. I want to get a 30-30.
  7. Bigbill

Bigbill Member

Nice henry i want one too. I have a new savage 17hmr i got for fathers day last year but haven't shot it yet. They did say the 17hmr bore gets dirty quicker.
  8. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

I have a Goldenboy 22LR that I haven't shot in a while. This thread has changed that. It now must head out to the range later today. I love my Henry!
  9. NY Marksman

NY Marksman New Member

10. scotgiant

scotgiant New Member

I've looked and drooled over this lever action but wondered how it would compare to my 1954 Marlin 39A. Has anyone out there shot both?
  11. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

I had a Marlin 39A made in 1960. I'd love to have it back but I wouldn't give up my Golden Boy for it. The Henry has a smoother action, they're about equal as far as accuracy.
  12. azimuth

azimuth New Member

Coincidentally, I do have a '54 model 39A and a couple of Henry's. While the Marlin is a fine rifle and built like a tank, the Henry is plenty durable as long as it is given the care that most any firearm requires. Henry doesn't give up anything in the accuracy department when compared to other lever rimfires. Their rifles are usually shipped with nice looking walnut stocks and actions that are smooth as butter.

In regard to the Marlin, the Henry's finish on the receiver cover may not hold up as well as the blued steel on the Marlin. Also, the front sight on the basic Henry is pretty coarse for target shooting, but fine for plinking. The octagon barreled Henry's have sights very similar to the Marlin. The Henry is also considerably lighter than the Marlin. Some folks like that, some folks don't.
    Here's my H001 and the '54 Marlin...
    [​IMG][​IMG]
  13. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

purdy good luck with it I'll be over to try it out
  14. pmwizard

pmwizard New Member

Great lever rifles. For me, it is the most fun to shoot and sldo accurate. Congrats and enjoy.
  15. bamajoey

bamajoey Well-Known Member

I bought a Henry several years ago and have been pleased with the quality. What I have really been pleased with was the customer service I received when I had a minor problem with mine.:thumbsup:
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2012