Henry Golden Boy

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by bigdel, Oct 23, 2010.

1. LewiSS

LewiSS New Member

Depends on the model. The cheaper '92-style guns use a combined cartridge tube band/front sight that is molded plastic. However, the Varmint Express does not, nor do the Golden Boys as I recall. when I put on the Williams rear sight I needed a taller front. I cut off the plastic post from the plastic front sight base, cut in a dovetail, and fitted a fiber optic front sight made for a Remington. I used JB Weld to affix the sight to the plastic band/old sight base, as the plastic dovetail was not enough to keep it stable. It is now solid as a rock. If I want to go to the trouble, I could drill and tap the bottom of the barrel, and drill the top of the cartridge tube and fit the small metal block that Henry uses to mount the tube on the Varmint Express, then use a front sight that screws down to the tapped hole in the top of the barrel that is originally to affix the plastic band/sight. But for now, I think I will see how my current mod holds up first. It's too bad Henry won't allow "mix-and-match" options - they obviously are tooled up to not use the plastic band on some models, so I wish we could order an H001 without it and with the nice sight that comes on the Varmint Express.
  2. gunplumber

gunplumber New Member

I would love to have a Goldenboy with the old apature sights like the blk pwdr shooters use on their 45-70s and 40-65s. Problem is getting a quality sight system that you can depend on for repeatibility, setting to setting. I would love a good globe front like the lyman and a good rear ladder type; kinda Tom Horn style.
  3. iflyfish

iflyfish New Member

Henry Rifles are my always bring guns.......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]