Henry Lever Action .22LR

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Deacon_Man, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Deacon_Man

Deacon_Man Member

Guys, I found a Henry Lever Action .22lr at Walmart for $257.00. Is this a good price? What do you guys think of the quality of the Henry? I really like the looks of the gun and I am seriously thinking about buying it. I've watched the youtube videos and they highly reccomend the Henry. Please let me know what you think.
  2. 6x6pinz

6x6pinz New Member

I bought one of the henry lever rifles. I could not believe how incredibly accurate the rifle is. At last count four of my friends now own a Henry lever. There is just something about shooting a lever that the semis don't have.
  3. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Which one did ya looking at?
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2011
  4. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

The blued model has a plastic front sight and barrel band. The Golden Boy is all metal. Both are buttery smooth actions and very accurate. I've got several thousand rounds thru my Golden Boy without a hiccup.
  5. old semperfi

old semperfi New Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    deacon,i have two,i am responsible for at least 15-20 friends in buying the henry 22.i shoot a lot of 22 shorts and cb caps in mine.now i know youll get a number of people on this forum that will tell you they are cheap made guns,well they are economically made but...........i have owned brownings,winchesters,marlin 39a and others that are much more expensive that will not shoot any better.yes its a good price,i paid a little under 200.00 for mine over 14-15 years ago and it still shoots as good as new. old semperfi
  6. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

a Henry for that price i thought Henry was expensive? wrong again
  7. bamajoey

bamajoey Active Member

I gave $160 for one that had been mistreated. Ordered parts to repair, refinished the stock, had the receiver powder coated. Now I have a good as new rifle with only $185 invested that shoots really well. My grandson loves it. I think it is a good investment.:)

[​IMG][/IMG]
  8. jstanfield103

jstanfield103 New Member

bamajoey, Nice job. Well done!
  9. Freebore

Freebore New Member

[B]
    FYI......The Henry lever action 22's do not have a plastic front sight or barrel band, unless it is an older model (some early models did). All current Henry's are made using an alloy metal for both parts, if in doubt, you can email Henry with the serial number and they will confirm what material is used.

At first glance I thought mine was plastic, after a nasty email to Henry, they verified mine is an alloy metal, a closer look confirmed they were right, it is metal.
  10. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

OK cool. I know that used to be a big complaint.
  11. bamajoey

bamajoey Active Member

The one I have did have plastic front sight hood and barrel band, but I replaced it with the newer metal ones.(no cost)
  12. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

My brother has a Henry Golden Boy and a Henry pump 22...........They are very good shooting guns.
  13. mr.t7024

mr.t7024 Member

Great Gun fair price.I sold them when I wored at Bass Pro and Dicks.BTW, I own a Henry Golden Bod .17HMR and it has a very slick action.Enjoy!:)
  14. pmwizard

pmwizard New Member

I bought my Henry H001 used at Cabellas used. From the 1st trip to the range, the rifle shot great. It is a fun 22 lr to shoot.
  15. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

nice job it looks new
  16. fleetwood1976

fleetwood1976 Active Member

most I see are in the $279 range, so I would say good price.
  17. thomas44

thomas44 New Member

Sounds like a bargain. I've never owned a lever .22 but I think they would be a fun plinker and not bad for small game hunting.
  18. vulcrider

vulcrider New Member

I paid $269 for mine, metal sight and band. Outstanding shooter, beautiful wood, good trigger. Just a fun gun! I've seen some advertised (Christmas/Holiday Specials) for $249, so I think you are right in the middle. A good price, buy it, you won't be disappointed.
  19. iflyfish

iflyfish New Member

Buy it! I've had mine for 5 years now. It has never missed a beat. Always goes to the range. I stripped the paint off the receiver a few years ago. Very accurate. It had a plastic barrel band but Henry replaced it free.

[​IMG]
  20. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

Yeah kind of a different experience and feel. I first shot my dad's very old Springfield single shot bolt action rifle that he used to hunt rabbitt and squirrels with. (he was born in 1921) Had a lot of fun with it, I wish I still had it.

But the semis are so much easier, not all that reloading!