Henry Lever action Varmint Express.

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by wade7575, May 31, 2009.

1. wade7575

wade7575 New Member

I looking at getting a Henry Varmint Express in 22LR,I was wondering if anyone can tell me what there like as far as reliabilty and if there very shooters.I have not seen one myself but I'am inetrested in purchasing one,I would be grateful for any feed back.
  2. wade7575

wade7575 New Member

I just found out from a called I made to Henry that the Varmint Express comes olny in 17 HMR,the book I seen it in witch was the Big buyers guide and it was just called Gun,in there it say's it comes in 17 HMR 22 S,L,LR but Henry cleared it up for me and told me that it does not.Also anyone looking to call Henry for any help might as well not even bother they were extremely rude to me on the phone and treated me like I was being a pain in there A$$,I told the guy on the phone that a few gun shops in canada tried to find one for me but could not find anything listed in there books for a Varmint Express in 22LR and told them I seen it listed in the Buyers guide and was wanting to know if they made it in that Caliber but I could tell that the guy on the phone felt like he was insulted that I even dare call them to find out if they made what I was after,I also know I spoke to the same guy twice once one day then two days later the first time I called was to find out who carries Henry in canada and all I can say is both times he was a jerk,all I know is this I'm getting a Savage Mark 2 BV and I'm never buying a Henry so long as they feel and treat people like they are being pest's just because they are not sure if they make a certain gun in a certain caliber.
  3. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

4. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

i never have had any experiance with that particular model, but i have had a henry standard rifle and carbine with large loop. the first shot hits where you put it... the rest hit the berm, if your lucky. the zero changes as the gun gets hot. i even tried shooting it single shot and couldnt hit a thing,
  5. wade7575

wade7575 New Member

You can call BS on my post if you want to,all I know is the guy I spoke twice with made it extremely clear by his attitude that he did not give jack crap about helping.I also seen the sticky in your link maybe the guy I was talking to is just a jerk.I do not have anything against Henry's products just the guy that was a jerk,but when someone calls your company I would think you would want to make the person feel like you were doing everything you could to help them find what your looking for not make them feel like you could not even care,plus even if you don't have what they are looking for would it not make sense to help recomend another product,to me of course it would why because in the case of Henry if the guy made it feel like he cared wether I felt like hedid his best to help me instead of acting like I was being a pest I would have remebered that he really tried and cared and although he did not have what I was looking for today he might have tomorrow but because of the impression the one guy left with me I'm thinking it's very unlikely I'll ever buy anything Henry.Plus that sticky you posted I'm going to call BS on your sticky why,everything today is done over the computer with emails and such so just because the Henry answers questions via email does not mean they have the greatest customer support,or who knows maybe the guy that handles emails is great and goes the extra mile to help people out but the guy on the phone did not even guy an extra inch to help me,plus I have a Gunshop near where I live and the Guys website says great customer service well let's put it this way the guy would not even get off his Fat A$$ to show you where anything is if his life depended on it and this is not just my opion but everbody that goes there the olny reason why people go there is because his prices are cheaper.Plus what does your posting a sticky about emailing the president of Henry have to do with me calling Henry I never said I emailed them and never got a replie.
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2009
  6. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Send an e-mail to Anthony.

If you send it tonight, he will respond tomorrow. Yes, tomorrow is Saturday.
    Don't cop an attitude. Explain your problem/issues, and he will take care of it. By all means, tell him of your experience with your phone calls.

Trust me, he doesn't want anyone working for him that doesn't offer top notch service.

If you are not satisfied w/your situation via a phone call, go to the top.

Mr. Imperato didn't know me from Jack. I sent him an e-mail on a Friday and he responded the next day. My question was not related to a defect.

If you don't like the customer service you get on the phone, he wants to know about it. If you don't feel like taking it to the top, that's your problem.

All I did was give you a direct connect to the owner.
  7. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

i to contacted the owner of henry repeating arms company via email, and he was extremely helpful and very nice
  8. wade7575

wade7575 New Member

I'm not going to worry about contacting Henry they don't have what I want and the olny one I like is the Varmint Express witch is olny offered in .17 HMR,I olny called Henry because in the Gun Buyer's guide it say's it's offered in 17 HMR,22s,22L,22LR,I would like to get something in a 17HMR but I mainly Target shoot and when I go out shooting I can go threw 2/3 of a box of Fedral Game Shock Bullet's that have 525 rounds in the box and I can pick them up for $20.99 a Box where as .17HMR in Canada cost $180.00 for a brick of 500 and no one is packaging them in bulk so there is no way I'm spending that much when I will go threw more then half in one outing plus I go out 2 to 3 times a week to shoot.I'm going to get a Savage Mark 2 BV and put a Scope on it,I already have a Savage Mark 2 FSS and I do not want a Scope on it I want to keep it with open sight's olny,my FSS has been a great gun it hit's in the same place time after time and is not fussy on what kind of bullet's are used in it no matter what the Grain of the slug is plus the Accu Trigger is by far the best trigger I have ever used hands down.I think the guy at Henry being jerk on the phone was a blessing for me because I have had send one of my guns back to Savage before that did not work right from day one and they bent over backwards to help me and they made me feel like they would have Kissed my Bare A$$ literaly if that's what it was going to take to make me feel happy about having to send my brand new Gun back to them,witch works perfectly now I might add.
  9. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Never owned a Henry. -1

Bought a Savage and had to send it back. +1

Diss Henry, Rave Savage.:rolleyes:
  10. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

I have a Golden Boy and it is a fantastic rifle. Good looking, smooth as silk and accurate to boot. I would consider another in a heart beat if I needed to.
  11. wade7575

wade7575 New Member

Bobitis the reason I had to send my Savage back was not because it was a dud from the Factory it was damaged in shipping to me from Gun Shop I bought it from.
  12. 45nut

45nut Active Member

My Henry Lever Action .22 is a sweet joy to behold and to shoot. I keep it in my truck along with about 1500 rounds for snakes, turtles and SHTF. Nothing like a good old lever action to kill bad guys and provide supper. :eek: :D
  13. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Wade, I apologize for any errant remarks on my part.
    I love my Henry, and the link I provided would back my comments.
    The vast majority of Henry owners are VERY pleased w/Henrys customer service. Sorry you had a couple bad experiences w/the same guy.
    You should e-mail Anthony and tell him about it.
    Us Henry owners would be greatful. We don't want to talk to him either.:mad:

Savage makes very nice arms, and I'm glad you're happy with yours.

I deal with disgruntled customers on occasion, and I make it a point to find out what transpired. The last thing I want these days is a customer spending there money somewhere else because of an attitude problem from someone else in my organization. Unhappy customers don't come back.
    Potential customers greeted with an attitude never buy. It's not good for either party.
    I lose the sale, and you never get to experience my product.:(

Sorry for experience with Henry. It's just not typical.
  14. Chuck B

Chuck B New Member

I think it was Shakespeare who said "me thinks you protesteth too much." I spent plenty of time in customer service and sometimes you run out of ways of politely saying: "I'm sorry, that model doesn't come in .22 s l lr...it only comes in .17 http://www.henryrepeating.com/h001v_varmint.cfm. And by the looks of it, you've saved yourself about $200...maybe you should be thankful?

It's possible that the call was recorded. I would be interested to hear that conversation.

best regards,

chuck b