The Firearms Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Here Comes the Taurus Judge!

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  goofy 
#1 ·
When a friend of mine told me he found the ultimate handgun I had to say I was a bit skeptical. Sure, it sounded great to fire a heavy duty pistol round and a shotgun shell, but seriously what would you use it for? Seems I had a lot to learn.

Taurus has introduced a handgun perfect for the outdoorsman. Imagine hiking on the way to your favorite tree stand and finding one of the denizens of the forest blocking your path. Granted most will either run or slither off, but some, like the cottonmouth, is no respecter of size. So unless you are a master of the dance while loaded down with your gear, firepower may be your only option.

Chambered for the .410 shotgun shell, the Taurus Judge packs an effective package of shredding power to reliably send the slithering monster to his eternal reward. However, if the troll blocking your path stands upright in challenge, the Judge also fires the .45 Colt cartridge - a half inch diameter hole going in and an hole you can't cover your hand with coming out.

"The Judge" is the appropriate name for this five-shot revolver. Weighing in at just under 36 ounces, the Taurus Judge comfortably holsters on the hip or across the chest, ready to dispense justice at both long and short distances.

The elephant in the room is always the question its use as a self defense weapon. The .410 shotgun shell proves that this revolver is a close range proposition. At ranges greater than twelve feet, the shot pattern opens rather quickly. So distance is a factor to keep the pattern tight enough to assure a quick kill. Keep in mind the added dimension of the shot gauge will determine whether the carjacker who jerks your door open and demands your vehicle, receives a face altering birdshot or a closed casket funeral.

At distances longer than twelve feet, .45 Colt loads is the answer. Accuracy is what you would expect for this tried and true load. Recognize that the Taurus Judge is not meant to be a paper-punching target revolver, but rather a practical and versatile fighting weapon. One online recommendation I saw suggested two number four shot load followed by three hollow points might be the ideal for conflict resolution.

In my experience, the trigger pull was smooth in single action measured a clean four and three-quarters pounds. The double action measured in at noticeable but reasonable nine and one half pounds. All told, this is a lot of fun to shoot! The Taurus 'ribber' grips and padded back strap are both comfortable and recoil reducing thus taking the bite out of the Judge's bark.

Versatile and attention getting. Pack extra ammo for all of the guys at the range who want to shoot it. See more gun reviews on at Facebook / YankeeTactical and coming soon at www.Yankeetactical.com

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
http://yankeetactical.wordpress.com/2012/11/10/here-comes-the-taurus-judge/

this is on your blog

you spammed us ??

your own web for your own business as a sig line as your a small business ok

this ...

awful close to what i toss out daily

please respect the site , we wont spam you to bring your readers here i know

ok ?

folks pay for that privaledge ( not a lot but why short change them ?)

#4 ·
I see that you keep plugging the Taurus line. I'm with Jack and the post seem that you write for a magazine and plug bc they pay. Not much love for any of them bc I deal with many models from taurus that have more than 10 rounds through them for a write up. IMO its a lackluster revolver.

#7 · (Edited)
The Judge is probably a cool gun I'm sure, but if you want to shoot .45/.410, then try out the Bond Arms guns. You can shoot any caliber that you want with a simple barrel change. I have the .45/.410 and also a .22lr barrel for mine. COOL gun, and built like a tank.

Donnie D :D

#9 ·
I agree with Donnie, them bonds are really cool. I see that he is a former guest. I found it rather odd that he was doing reports on firearms that have been around for a few years. Not like it was something many of us have not seen before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.