1. Krazyhorse

Krazyhorse New Member

I just ordered a Traditions 1858 Remington from the guy I buy all my guns from. He said it will be in Monday, I can hardly wait. It was $150, is that about right? He told me who made their revolvers for them but I can't remember who he said, it was Italian though. I will probably have a million questions when I get it, so I'm giving you fair warning :D
  2. bigboom338

bigboom338 New Member

Hey congrats on your purchase, fire away with the questions after you get it. One thing about this group we aint affraid to make stuff up. No just kiddin, there are a lot of knowlegable folks around here who can answer just about anything.
    And if I havent welcomed you to the Forum before WELCOME TO TFF.
    Oh yeah, the price sounds about right to me. Was the maker Pedersoli?
  3. Krazyhorse

Krazyhorse New Member

I should feel right at home here then, you sound like my huntin'/shootin' buddies. They'll give me an answer, right or wrong, it don't matter ;) Just kiddin'

That name sounds about right, it was Italian and it started with a "P" but it wasn't Pietta, or however you spell it. Are the Pedersoli guns any good? I'm completely new to the cap and ball revolver game. I've been hunting with a muzzle loader rifle for a few years so I thought I'd try the sidearm and see what I was missing out on. :D
  4. bigboom338

bigboom338 New Member

I have some buddy's who have Pedersoli's and they really like them, they sure seem to be quality guns to me.
    So what do ya shoot for a rifle?
    I havent bought a revolver yet, I think I am gonna get a single shot first.
  5. RobW

RobW New Member

Common opinion is: best quality for revolvers is Uberti, followed closely by Pietta, long guns best quality Pedersoli.

By the way, Uberti is owned by Beretta (Sako and Tikka, too).
  6. Krazyhorse

Krazyhorse New Member

I hope the Pedersoli is at least decent. Since I don't know anything about these revolvers, as long as it shoots and doesn't blow up I'll probably be pretty happy with it ;)
    I hunt with a cheapy "American Knight". I used to be dead set against muzzle loaders, the only ones that I ever shot were the old "sidelocks". One of my friends bought an in-line and talked me into shooting it and I thought it was alright. I went and bought one of the cheap Knights and started hunting with it. I've killed a few deer with it and like it more than I ever thought I would. He has been trying to get me to buy a fancier one but I'm kind of attached to this one now, it's got sentimental value to me :D