here is a drug problem our children need to have!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fleetwood1976, Aug 11, 2011.

1. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Come on now bob. I dont think anyone is attacking you here. I have been raising children for 9 years now. and every one of my kids requires a different type of punishment to get thru to them. I learned from the way I was raised and have adapted my grandfathers thinking to raising my own children.

You simply did the same. You learned from the way your father raised you and your sibs and took a different route, and theres nothing wrong with that. I think you are very fortunate to have had a child that didnt require corporal punishment growing up, Ill be honest with you, Im jealous. I take no pleasure at all in spanking my kids. believe me, it hurts. Id give anything if their personalities allowed talking to work, and it does sometimes, but most often than not its the paddle that gets thru to them. Its not a common occurence in my house for the paddle to come off the wall, but when it does its deserved.

And after punishment is dealt and the tears have dried, I make sure I talk to my kids and help them understand why they were spanked and how to prevent future spankings. It works, 100% it works. Autumn and JR get it, they are getting to a point where they know whats right and whats wrong and they make good decisions, wesley is my youngest and is still learning, but hes getting there. Hopefully by the time My oldest is 10, I can retire the paddle alltogether and the talking will work.
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
  2. hunter29180

hunter29180 Well-Known Member

HunterAlpha1..dont put words in Bobitis mouth. he never said his child was never disiplined. your disipline seems to be diffrent than his..i dont see that as a problem..so dont "force" your ideas down his throught..RESPECT his opinion even if you disagree!

Bye the way..dont believe MY bible says "He who spareth the rod hateth his son."..mine says "Spare the rod SPOIL the child" please referance the chapter and verse you refer to please?? thank you
  3. HunterAlpha1

HunterAlpha1 Former Guest

http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Proverbs-13-24/

Proverbs 13:24
    He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes.

got a little mixed up on the exact words, sorry about that.

i did not intend to put words in bob's mouth, i simply replied with the same attitude as he did. i know, i know, "a soft answer turneth away wrath", but it's just so darn hard sometimes.
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
  4. hunter29180

NP HunterAlpha1..Please,notice he said he never laid a hand on the child in anger OR used discipline as an excuse to lay a hand in anger. he pointed out his DAD had,, he did not indicate he NEVER used proper disipline. just he never allowed anger to be a part of the displine.

"I remember Dad haveing a bad day at work. He came home and busted my younger brothers butt because he couldn't tell time by the hands on a clock."

his dad used disipline as a excuse to vent his anger on a son who had no part in his anger.

sometime we need to really read through the posts..i make the same mistake also..
  5. HunterAlpha1

HunterAlpha1 Former Guest

indeed, look at my first post in this thread: "never touch(spank) your child when you're angry". if you start spanking your kid when you're superpissed and near-homicidal it's too easy to start hitting and not stop until the kid is all over the wallpaper:yikes:
  6. hunter29180

AMEN! and i believe that what Bobitis was getting at..