Here is my best 223 target

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by BigBlack, Oct 8, 2008.

1. BigBlack

BigBlack New Member

Could be a fluke because I do not believe I am this good but it’s on paper and witnesses at the range were salivating all over this during cease fire target recovery time. It is my personal best.
    Just thought I would share

[​IMG]
  2. Thesenator

Thesenator New Member

Ya, we saw you with that ballpoint pen!:D

Seriously.....nice shooting Take care of that rifle, its a keeper.
  3. LDBennett

LDBennett Well-Known Member

Its great to save a few of the really good targets. I used to hang them over my desk at work as a conversation starter. I got maximim respect normally from anyone in my office. :-O

But when declaring accuracy numbers it is pretty standard to shoot five shot groups and at least five groups, averaging them for the number to report. It is possible to have only one really great group from a gun and never another again so that is why you need at least to average five groups before reporting accuracy numbers. The rifle shooting range for groups is normally 100yds. Now thats for most target and Varmint calibers. Hunting rifles of large calibers (like 30-06) are usually reported as three shot groups rather than five but averaged over at least five groups.

But you can do whatever you like as its your gun, your ammo, and your time. Have fun!

LDBennett
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2008
  4. BigBlack

BigBlack New Member

I have 4 but this was my best, they measured .3, .5, .5, .6 with this one being .3. I shot them on different days. The first was the .6 and then the .3 and then two .5's on the third and fourth trips.

I use a program where I enter my shot corridinates and it tells me the group size.
  5. BigBlack

BigBlack New Member

One I shot with dads 17hmr
    [​IMG]
  6. Gene Seward

Gene Seward Member

Where do you get those big dimes? Just kidding!!!! I agree that is a great group and a keeper gun and cartridge combo.
  7. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Very nice shooting.
  8. Haligan

Haligan Well-Known Member

Credit where credit is due. Nice group.

Unfortunately they don't make coins small enough to compare to my groups.:eek::eek:
  9. bluesea112

bluesea112 Active Member

Very nice.