Here is my daily carry gear...what do you carry?

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by rnshooter, Jun 7, 2004.

1. rnshooter

rnshooter New Member

Here are the things that I carry with me daily. Of course there are times where certain attire will force me to use other options or there are certain places where I will not carry all of this(ex. church).
    1. The bag-like thing is a thermite versipack from maxpeditions. Great gear to carry tons of stuff in and tuff as nails.
    2. Sticking out is a talkabout 250 radio. I use these babies a ton when my wife and I are together but need to separate for whatever reason. Great for in malls.
    3. The pistol here is a Beretta 9000s in .40 cal. Great little pistol!
    4. Next to the Beretta is a Surefire Nitrilon G2. If you haven't had the pleasure of using one of these little blinders, check them out.
    5. The Beretta and flashlight are held in a Dillon "Proffessional's Companion". Another great piece of gear.
    6. The slender piece of wood that my keys are attached to is called a kubatan. A very useful self defense weapon if used properly.
    7. Of course you have to have a cell phone now-a-days.
    8. I always carry my lock pick set with me. You never know when you might need it.
    9. At the top is a leatherman micra. One of those all in one gadgets.
    10. I have three knives pictures that I carry and can access very quickly I need be. The one at the top is a Spyderco Merlin. Bottom Left is a benchmade CQC7(closs quarters combat 7). And bottom Right is a benchmade AFCK(advanced folding combat knife).

Now...what do YOU carry. I'm always looking for more ideas and I'm sure you guys and gals have a bunch of great stuff. Thanks for the imput.

p.s. i hope the picture shows up so you can see what I am referring to.
    be safe

Attached Files:

2. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

You can get all that into your pockets? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
  3. Rugster

Rugster New Member

Nice set up I have so many I carry a different one every day LOL.It seems I carry my personal Sig P-229 .357sig the most and a Kershaw quick blade knife.On Duty I carry a issue P-229 .357sig and either my Beretta 9000s 9MM with 12+1 RDs of ammo and a NAA .22LR Pocket Revolver and my Kershaw plus my Mossberg 590DA and a Bushmaster AR-15 in the trunk.Or I will carry my Ruger SP101 .357 Mag as my main back up gun now and then.Now when Im jogging I usually carry the Beretta 9000s 9MM.Its a great little gun with alot of firepower in a .380 sized package.Very accurate as well and Im not a big fan of Beretta.

Stay Safe!!
  4. stash247

stash247 New Member

Everyday??? Mine is either a OM Colt, in cold weather, or a Ti-Lite Smith, if it's really warm, with a Paul Zinsmeister folder in my pocket. #12x3 feet of rebar, in the bed of the truck. A mailing tube, for a barrel, from Brownells, is always in the cab, but, then, I LIKE impact weapons.
    Guess some of us are just kinda simple.
    Hope this helps, Terry
  5. 45shooter

45shooter New Member

A Freedom Arms "Mini" .22 is always in my front pocket. When clothing permits, a Rock Island compact .45 in a Fobus. On warm days when a long jacket makes you look like a shoplifter or flasher, a Bulgarian Mak or Polish P64 in an inside the pants. I only carry my "cheap" guns anymore as the beating that my Colt Officers and Walther have taken just seem like a waste.
    If I'm with the wife, I leave mine in the car since her Security Six is sitting nice and neat in the front pocket of her purse.

I have a few questions/comments though, what would I think if I was a cop and stopped a guy with a gun, lockpicks, and a flashlight?

Why don't you carry your gun into church?
  6. bambihunter

bambihunter New Member

Glock 29 (10mm) 95% or more of the time and a Kel-tec .380 the other part of the time when I can't take the G29 for some reason...
    I love the firepower of the 10mm!
  7. azgunner

azgunner New Member

I usually carry very few and simple tools:

Springfield XD-40 (+1mag)
    Gerber's multi-tool
    the most important: Cell phone

Having a very long conversation with some fairly serious looking folks down here by the border and one very VERY ambitious Assistant DA, I've come to the conclusion that calling the right folks for a little back-up as soon as I can is critical to my continued freedom.
    Was forced to draw on an illegal alien, who immediately dropped his weapon and did whatever I asked of him (funny how they become cooperative...). I called the 911 folks, and they sent the Border Patrol for me. Still not sure how the DA got wind of it, but there I was.
    Knowing my rights (and more importantly my responsibilities inhearent in those rights), and knowing how to handle myself when the law enforcement folks arrived went a long way towards me getting home to the kids, instead of having my things confiscated and charges pressed. I strongly recommend that anyone who will routinely carry become framiliar or teach someone else "the right way to do it".

az
  8. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

My carry is relatively simple, too:

Springfield full size Mil-Spec 1911; Alternately, Browning Hi-Power 9mm
    Leatherman® WAVE
    Leatherman® Micra
    Oxygen Control
    Cell Phone
    If long pants, S&W Model 60 on ankle

If I still had the Baby Browning that was stolen in the burglary, it would always be in my pocket. But, alas......
  9. cd45

cd45 New Member

Always my SpringField 5" Gov't Model, in a Ross IWB holster. A double mag pouch from Milt Sparks on the off side. A Cold Steel Voyager Tanto. A small do it all tool in the pocket. I really like the radio idea, I will have to start that.
    To cover it all, i wear a camo shirt withe sleeves cut off for the summer and an uncut shirt for the winter.
  10. Country101

Country101 Active Member

45shooter, I know that in some states, if not all, carrying in a church is illegal.

I think this is kinda silly, since a good Christian aint gonna cause no trouble. But the gov thinks it's necessary, I guess.
  11. azgunner

azgunner New Member

Do you have any idea what states that would be illegal in? Statute, etc?
  12. Country101

Country101 Active Member

13. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

It's illegal to carry in church in Mississippi:
    MS Code Sec 45-9-101

Also illegal to carry in church in Louisiana:
    LA RS 40:1379.3

Not illegal in Alabama.

I travel regularly in those three states, so I know the laws there. Not sure about anywhere else.
  14. 45shooter

45shooter New Member

It's always good to know the law when it comes to carrying concealed, but....

I'm not here to tell anyone that breaking the law is a common practice of mine, or do I suggest anyone else make it common practice for them either, but....

Every since wackos started shooting at people coming out of their place of worship, regardless of the religion, I carry all the time . Grocery store, work (the boss don't care), walking to the neighbors, at the county fair, ect...
    I use the drive thru at the bank as much as possible and don't go to the courthouse unless called for jury duty or to renew my carry permit.

Like Clyde in Unforgiven says:" I just don't wanna get killed for
    lack of shootin' back." and I know it's an old cliche' but I do believe it's better to be judged by twelve than carried by six.
    At least in my part of the country I think a person with good intentions trying to defend his/her family would be OK in front of a jury.

Just my .02

Almost forgot, I still think carrying lock picks is a bad idea, left in your car...Ok, but in your pocket ...naw.
  15. Country101

Country101 Active Member

I kinda agree with ya, 45shooter. I'd probably carry more places than is strictly legal, but somewhere I think there might be cops or some sort of trouble, I'd leave it in the car or something.