Here is the Colt my ol lady told me to not come home without!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jjmitchell60, Jan 29, 2005.

1. jjmitchell60

jjmitchell60 Active Member

Raised in Buzzard Roost near Frog Town in hillls o
    Here is the Colt Police Positive 1st model 6" barrel with real pearl handles in 38 Police (38 S&W) my ol lady told me to NOT come home without from an auction. She collects pearl handled guns as well a real pearl handle sets. I of course knew to use common sence but it was an estate auction but no family wanted any of his items! Pearl handles are going the way of stag and ivory, or so I have been told, in the US in th near future. I also picked up an old Queen hunting knife in sheath, small one, that had nevr been used. Both items cost me $425 counting the 6% sales tax. Here is the picture, what do you think for $370+tax?

[​IMG][/IMG]
  2. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

I thing she is happy with you. :D
    Is she?
  3. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

4. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

She'd be a fool NOT TO BE!!!!!

:) :) :)
  5. offeror

offeror New Member

Ouch. I can't help wondering what other goodies could've found good homes in a case like this where there are no other buyers driving prices up. (And no, I'm not a dealer looking for inventory -- I'm a lover of lost gun treasures... :D)
  6. jjmitchell60

jjmitchell60 Active Member

Raised in Buzzard Roost near Frog Town in hillls o
    There wasn't but 6 guns of the deceased at the auction. I was interested in 2 but my cousins son wanted one so I did not bid against him, a 22 pistol. It went for about $30 under value. The rest went about $25 to $50 under what they should have. One thing that was there was some fake damascaus knives that went as high as real ones! Antique furniture was at least 50% under what it should have been and many times it should have brought 3-4 times what it did. Like I stated, I wished I had already put up my cabin on my farm because I could have outfitted the whole 3 room cabin in antiques for under $1000 dollars. That would be everything except the kitchen sink! I have NO room to even store antiques because if I did, I would have spent a whole bunch more at that auction on some. The only thing else I saw sell HIGH was granite ware! It went sky high fo some reason. Sad part is the man that died has 2 nephews and 2 nieces that get it all if the courts state so. He had no will so the judge settles the estate which includes 4 farms, several rental poperties, and the estate auction. I say the 4 will be awarded a good sum being the court will pobably split it 4 even ways.