Here it comes....

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by outburst402, Jul 30, 2012.

1. outburst402

outburst402 New Member

2. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

I don't know about Colorado, but here in Florida, before Mr. Johnson pushed through our current law, a carry permit cost 150 dollars, it was only good for one year, it was only good in the county of issuance and you had to explain to the County Commissioners why you NEEDED a permit to carry a gun. And 150 dollars, back then, was quite a bit of money. Minimum, at the time, was 2.00, so that was two-weeks pay.
  3. jstgsn

jstgsn Well-Known Member

I looked into getting a concealed carry permit for a friend here in Delaware. The class cost around $250, and the additional costs of filing, newspaper ad (you have to run and ad to see if anyone objects) and other stuff is another $250.
    Five hundred dollars to get a permit. Disgusting. :mad:
  4. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Either we have 2nd Amendment rights, or we don't! Which is it? CO, and some other states say we don't, even though the Supreme Court says we do? Folks need to stand up for their rights, just like this guy did.
  5. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

So what was this man supposed to do? Go to a movie theater, unarmed, even though a shooting had just occurred at one? I don't know about you, but I thought self defense was a human right, and I thought the right to keep and bear arms was protected by the United States Constitution. In my opinion, your rights don't stop at your property line. You have a right to free speech, you have a right to legal representation, the right to freely practice your religious beliefs. Why should your right to keep and bear arms end at your doorstep? The law that this town of Thornton, Colorado, has is unconstitutional. It restricts this man's Second Amendment rights enumerated in the Constitution.

How come a state, or a town in this instance, can override Federal law with regard to the carrying of arms, yet when a state tries to pass a law to fight illegal aliens coming in, it is unconstitutional because it overrides Federal law? Seems like they want to have their cake and eat it too.

I like the law we have here in Wisconsin. You take the class, pay for the permit, your criminal record is checked, if you come up clean, the DOJ mails you a permit. I'm pretty sure it's good for 5 years. It's valid throughout the State of Wisconsin. I'm also pretty sure that if you have a valid permit in your state of residence, it is honored in Wisconsin as well. You can pretty much carry into anywhere except police stations, courthouses, or places with no gun signs.

I think it's kind of silly we can open carry with no permit, yet we need a permit to conceal carry, but hey it's better than if that idiot Tom Barrett would have won and either vetoed the legislation like Doyle, or would have passed that "may issue" BS like California has.
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2012