Here's a good one...

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by ysacres, Mar 5, 2003.

1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member

AntiqueDr
    (7/7/01 10:22:34 pm)
    Reply Here's a good one...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have a Sako Forester Deluxe on auction, pre-Garcia, stone mint for $820... Guy emails me offering a trade if the rifle doesnt sell. He says he has a Colt Python "SS" (gotta assume stainless steel, right) that he says he bought new in 1978.....

Colt didnt make the Python in stainless until 1983! He still hasnt responded to my request for pictures. Geez, did I just fall off the truck or something?

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

Tac401
    Administrator
    (7/7/01 10:37:58 pm)
    Re: Here's a good one...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Gotta watch these jokers AD!
    The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator

kdubaz
    (7/7/01 10:59:58 pm)
    Reply Re: Here's a good one...
    Hmmmmm................

I had a nickle'd one I carried as a duty weapon from 1968 to 1972 - first stainless handgun to come out fit for duty carry was the S&W Mod 66 in .357. Switched over to that and sold the Python (Ken, banging head on desk!)

BTW, AD - sold a pre-Garcia L579 Forrester in .243 Win. that had a customized stock and Sako rings early last year and got $875 for it - a school administrator in Missouri and a gun writer in New Hampshire got into a little bidding war, much to my benefit!
    Keep below the ridgeline!

AntiqueDr
    (7/8/01 7:13:29 am)
    Reply Re: Here's a good one...
    I've sold these Deluxe Sakos for $900 and better, cant figure why this one is getting no play. It's on its second bucket now... pre-Garcia, Bofors Steel marked, stone mint Deluxe with fiddleback French walnut.

Anyway, the guy did email me back and says he is on a "borrowed computer" and cant send pictures. Said he must of confused when he bought the SS with an 8" blue, but still says its NIB. Might just have to do this (I like Pythons).

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com