The Firearms Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

HERE'S A REAL CHALLENGE WHO KNOWS WHAT THIS IS?

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  gdmoody 
#1 ·
A friend of mine at work has asked me to figure out what this item is, it's historical value, and monetary value as a novelty if any.

To me it seems to be a fuse to a (bomb, torpedo, rocket?) It is roughly 2.5" tall from start of the silver to the top of the black nipple. It is roughly 2.25" wide at the base of the silver metal. I did not measure the black base plate as I believe it was just added to make this into a nifty paper weight. The numbers go around the entire silver portion and stop at 45 units. There are to obvious indents that line up, I assume, prior to arming the device.

The overall piece is extremely heavy for it's size (roughly 3-4+ lbs).

The numbers on the underside read 10001-ASSY-1268811

• So what do you think?
  • Do you have any idea what this is off of and the historical nature of this piece?
  • What is it worth as a desk top souvenir?

Thank you very much in advance for any assistance you may be able to provide.

Brian

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Either keep it as a desktop paperweight or better yet take it to your local fire dept. for disposal. Quite likely it is illegal to own. The other option is to wipe it clean of any fingerprints, find a very DEEP lake and send it to the bottom.

Reactions: raven818
#4 ·
Either keep it as a desktop paperweight or better yet take it to your local fire dept. for disposal. Quite likely it is illegal to own. The other option is to wipe it clean of any fingerprints, find a very DEEP lake and send it to the bottom.
My thoughts when I seen it. If it is illegal, it'll be the feds who knock on your door. IMO, there's a better than even chance they've already taken a screen-capture of it.

#12 ·
Honestly, you'd really have to check if it's illegal or not. I'm sure my grenade cigarette lighter is illegal in most libtard states. So must be the grenade the pastor of the church has. He's a retired Army Chaplain. It has a tag on it with the number 1 and a sign that says "For the Complaint Dept. Pull the Pin and Take a Number". This is Idaho though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.