The Firearms Forum banner

Here's a tip for all you reloaders

2K views 21 replies 17 participants last post by  rawright54 
#1 ·
It’s not a good idea to drop a full tray of primers on a concrete floor. They bounce, roll, and scatter and are hard to find and pick up. That is all.

#3 ·
It's not a good idea to drop a full tray of primers on a concrete floor. They bounce, roll, and scatter and are hard to find and pick up. That is all.
Or thick pile carpet like I did.They completely dissapeared.

Reactions: gdmoody and todd51
#10 ·
It's always that way.the original will NEVER be located until a replacement is made or bought.Then it magically appears where you have searched several times. F.M. I call it. (F%$#@%g magic!).

Reactions: grcsat
#20 ·
I pitty the sorry bast*** that decides to vaccum my reload room carpet. All the pimers and powder down there will destroy a vacuum. One of these days I'll brave up and use the shop vac with a bag

This gives me an idea for deer camp fun. place a stack of primers in a tube just like they are for a dillon, lay it horizontal, and see who can hit it head on from 10 yards with a BB gun

#22 ·
I pitty the sorry bast*** that decides to vaccum my reload room carpet. All the pimers and powder down there will destroy a vacuum. One of these days I'll brave up and use the shop vac with a bag

This gives me an idea for deer camp fun. place a stack of primers in a tube just like they are for a dillon, lay it horizontal, and see who can hit it head on from 10 yards with a BB gun
I like that idea! I have an occasional problem with the RCBS primer system on my turret press, in that the carrier doesn't always seat properly, and manages to turn the primer sideways before I ram it home. That leads to deformed primers that won't work for shooting, but just might make good targets! I could take a dozen of them, pack them into something - a small box, maybe - and set it for a target. I hate to waste anything that might go BOOM! :D

#21 ·
Reading this got me to thinking............. A few days ago I went out in the boonies shooting with a friend. When we arrived at our spot he drags out a 20' square tarp and I'm thinking it's a tent to keep us in the shade but no, it was to catch the brass we commenced to fling all over.

Maybe a small tarp of sorts would be a good idea underneath our loading area. Just fold up the four corners and you'd probably catch most of the items dropped.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.