1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Here's another one...

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by armedandsafe, Apr 14, 2003.

1. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

The question is:
    What can we, as citizens, do to reform our tax system? As you know, under our three-branch system of government, the tax laws are created by: Satan. But he works through the Congress, so that's where we must focus our efforts.

Here's my proposal, which is based on the TV show Survivor: We put the entire Congress on an island. All the food on this island is locked inside a vault, which can be opened only by an ordinary American taxpayer named Bob. Every day, the congresspersons are given a section of the Tax Code, which they must rewrite so that Bob can understand it.

If he can, he lets them eat that day; if he can't, he doesn't. Or, he can give them food either way. It doesn't matter. The main thing is, we never let them off the island." --Dave Barry
  2. warpig

warpig Guest

I like the last part:)

Sadly our goverment and society has gotten to big to do anything simple.
  3. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Hey, A&S, can we put some other folks on the island, too? I can think of several groups I'd like to be rid of.....
    :D

I agree with you, though. The tax laws are written by committees (which are actually worse than Satan). Their sole intent seems to be to obfuscate the rules to the point where ordinary people have no hope of understanding them. Heck, I deal with the Infernal (oops, I mean Internal) Revenue Code for a living, and trying to apply that crappola to the tax situations of real-life taxpayers is enough to drive this CPA loony at times.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2003
  4. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

Let's put the BATF on that island too, and make them re-write the rules clearly so that we can understand them.
  5. Smoky14

Smoky14 Member

BUT..BUT Then all the LAWYERS will not be needed!

Maybe they should be on the island also.

Smoky the miffed:D
  6. TF118

TF118 New Member

Thats ok...I'm sure we can also find them an island too...can ya see it ...
  7. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

The only problem with putting all the lawyers on an island is: what would you use to keep them from just swimming off. Sharks wouldn't work...professional courtesy, doncha know.

Also, you would have to segregate them, males and females, so's they wouldn't breed. Can you imagine an island overrun with them critters. <SHUDDER>

How would you ever get anyone to feed them? I sure wouldn't want to set foot on any such island. Talk about hazardous duty.

Of course, it will never happen. You would never be able to get the EPA to pass on it.

:D