Here's another tough guy Cop for ya.

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by firefighter1635, Sep 30, 2012.

1. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Active Member

2. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

3. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

The drunk did swing at the cop but the cop went overboard. It's real hard to be a good cop. This cop is not one. He should look for another line of work.

We can't let things like this fly. If we do we will end up in a police state.
  4. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

i thought he went a little over board after the first right cross.
  5. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    We already live in a police state! If you think not then pick up your fishing pole, and go fishing without a license!
  6. montezumaz

montezumaz Former Guest

Absolutely shameful!
    I bet his mother is proud! One punch would have been enough to subdue an obviously inebriated citizen. Then he threatens the clerk with arrest if she assists the client. And his "do nothing" partner was obviously negligent in not stepping in and restraining her adrenalin pumped partner before it accelerated to the point it did. I would be interested in knowing the outcome of this outrageous attack. He'll probably get two weeks suspension with pay.
    I'd lay odds the tough-guy cop's labs might even show steroid abuse ... if the higher authorities even bothered to draw a blood sample.
  7. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Two sides to the story and the way the wheelchair guy was acting I think I might have done some pounding on him too. It didn't look to me like he needed that wheelchair very bad.
  8. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

I was wondering about the need for the wheelchair myself, he stands up on his own so I'm guessing he was at least somewhat capable. Some places have a policy that all patients must leave or be transported by wheelchair after surgery for example, not out of necessity.

Doesn't excuse the cop's obvious over reaction but they guy deserved a little strong arm; not decked in the face 5 times though. Another example of don't fight cops. you might get unlucky and get the one who will take it too far!
  9. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Chalk another one up for the Gay Nazi Brigade...
  10. carver

carver Moderator

DULUTH-Administration in the Duluth Police Department accuses one of their own officers of assault after following up on a complaint received on Monday morning.

During his Friday shifts last week, two year veteran of the force Richard Jouppi allegedly split a man's forehead open during a fight inside the Duluth Detoxification Center.

Patrol Division Deputy Chief Mike Tusken also says the department has video evidence of the exchange from a security camera.

The video shows 50-year-old Anthony Jackson hitting Officer Jouppi once followed by Jouppi punching back multiple times, Tusken said.

Police say they were tipped off by detox staff who expressed concerned.

"It is not the first time there's been complaints on the officers," Tusken said.

"[On Friday] we will be referring this case to an independent prosecutor and requesting the charge 'assault in the 5th degree', a misdemeanor offense, on officer Jouppi," Tusken said.
    http://www.independencebaptist.org/...ions Turn Against Israel in the Last Days.htm
  11. Prizefighter

Prizefighter New Member

I think that is exactly right.

The savage pummeling, and this...
    ...say it all.

I'm reminded of a talk on police brutality that a police instructor once gave. Some of these guys get it in their head, to paraphrase, "How DARE he defy me when I'm in uniform?"

This guy has given in to that impulse, seems to me, and acted like he thinks he is the law.
  12. carver

carver Moderator

You mean he's not the law!!!!!
  13. aryfrosty

aryfrosty New Member

14. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

easy now... I don't think anyone is trolling by posting the video, it's news. You be the judge, it's a controversal video/subject for us to share what we think about it.
  15. sub-moa

sub-moa Member

I'm not sure on this one. Watch the video very closely. Seems to me this is a good example of escalation. The man in the wheelchair was clearly under the influence of something, and in the wheelchair, most likely, only because he was too drunk / stoned to stand alone. That was his choice. He was uncooperative with the attendant. That was his choice. He was going to throw the jacket at the attendant. That was his choice. The Officer was only standing guard to protect the female attendant until he tried to throw the jacket at her, and then he only restrained the man by the arm and told him to stop. He continued, in my opinion, only to meet force with equal force until the man struck the Officer. At that point it was an assault on an Officer. That was his choice as well. I will agree that the Officer may have thrown more blows than the situation required but anyone that has ever been in a fight should know adrenalin, once released is very hard to control. As far as I can see the man put himself in that position completely by his own actions. So he answered for it. I know full well that there are bad LEO’s but this particular incident is border line at best to me.
  16. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

17. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

Police Brutality, nothing uncommon.
  18. Haligan

Haligan Active Member

19. pdg929

pdg929 New Member

these cops are gonna start learning that a camera works both ways
  20. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Active Member

What would I have done? Anyone could have subdued this drunken man without using his head as a speed bag, you couldn't have?

First part, defenatlly not a troll. Second part, yes I look for Cops to critique. Why? because it's a HUGE problem and only growing by the day. If you can't see it, your blind.

Yes, Firefighters step out of line. I've seen it many times in my 22 years of service and yes, some even drink and drive (although i've never seen of it while they are on duty). So you try to judge Firefighters against the backdrop of their situation, as in drinking and driving? What's to judge, they are fools and should be removed from service, permantlly if doing so while on duty.

Point is LEO's are getting more agressive towards the public, they need to be exposed where needed. Every one of these guys have been through school, they should have been trained in high stress enviroments.

I was trained in high stress enviroments, i've never, ever lost my cool on a scene in 22 years and i've been in some seriously high stress SHTF stuff. I also hold myself to a personal standard that these LEO's (yes, and some Firefighters) do not, honesty and integrity.

Now, don't think i'm a Cop hater. I've worked right along side some of the finest LEO's one could ever work with, I even go to the range with a couple to this day. The couple I still know, know this is a problem and contribute it to the way these guys were brought up and the easing off of the standards in their schooling.

No different in the Fire Service, alot of young guys comming in now days think they can conquer the world and are very, very dangerous and should be watched with a microscope.

So what don't you like about my attitude?