here's my buck pic

Discussion in 'The Hunting & Fishing Forum' started by warpig, Feb 24, 2003.

1. warpig

warpig Guest

deermaninbama
    (11/4/02 6:43:58 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All here's my buck pic
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Got this one a couple years ago on christmas eve.

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (11/4/02 6:48:04 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: here's my buck pic
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Wow, that is a nice one. What is the story? Bow or firearm?

deermaninbama
    (11/4/02 7:24:51 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del 30-30
    I got this one with my 30-30 model 94. I drove by cousins pasture one evening on the way home from a hunt. When I looke d through his pasture I noticed a trail. The only thing was he had not had any cattle in that pasture for a couple years, and the trail was fresh. I figured it was deer so I decided to hunt there the next day. I sat there all moring only seeing a doe. At about 11:00 I got up to go back to the house and get something to eat. When I topped a little hill, I saw a small buck and a doe. I sat at the edge of the hill and watched them. Within about 5 minutes I had 3 more bucks and another doe in view. All were within 100 yards. As I was watching them interact,playing,bucks sparring, one small buck trying to mount a doe, this guy came bucting out of the thick cover. He chased all the other small bucks off. He startted following the does around and came wityh 30 yards of e at one time, but he was at a full run chasing the does. I never got a chance to take a shot and they all disappeared into the thick brush. I decided to go home and eat and come back in the evening. I came back about 12:30 or 1:00, and sat there till about 30 minutes before sunset without seeing a thing. I was wondering if I should have tried to take him when he was running past me. I was getting kind of disappointed when I saw a doe and then this buck at the edge of the pasture. They were not using the same trail as earlier so I had to belly crawl around A little hill to get set up for a shot. It wasn't far so it only took about 5 minutes. I sat and watched tem working my way, the doe leading the buck. At about 80 yards he mounted the doe. When he got off at probably 65 or 70 yards, I put him on the ground. He fell right over, didn't take one step. I guess it was because of the rut, he was prbably worn down. This deer field ressed at over 200pounds which is huge for a bama buck. He was in full rut too, so its no telling how much weight he had lost.

shooter22
    *TFF Staff*
    (11/5/02 4:50:20 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: 30-30
    Nice looking buck! Congrats!

Hey, Bin Lauden, our women can kick you butt!

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (11/5/02 6:00:03 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: 30-30
    Great story, Thanks.

JackRyann
    (11/6/02 1:44:35 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Super nice buck
    Congrats! It's something you never forget.

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (11/6/02 10:33:25 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Super nice buck
    Report from my other Uncle`s hunting camp, which started the day we came out from squirrel camp-----6 deer in two days. They came in Friday night and left Sunday afternoon.
    More good food.......yeppers

LTS